This Is Ridicoulous

yeh i put stuff on it, then use it for a bit
then a day later, when i insert it into computer using sd card reader
it says - this card isnt formatted (even tho it was working fine yesterday)
i formatted with fat32 before i started installing things on
help plz

ok didnt explain it well -

i got the card (didnt reformat) , loaded lot homebrew games/emu's etc onto it, then used on gp2x for few hours, then gp2x crashed and when i restarted it, card didnt get recognized
then i put in comp and said not formatted
so i formatted with fat32, and put files back onto the card
then i played a few homebrew apps without problems, then used sd card to move large 3gb files to my laptop, didnt even put it into the gp2x
then when i went to put more stuff using my computer, it says i gotta reformat??
so its not a problem with my gp2x or sd card reader (i have 2, both dont work)

same as me :)
some usb card readers { i have one of them :) } can read only 1gb sd cards and dont recognize newest cards >1gb. try another card reader.
now i use built in card reader in notebook and all is ok.
i have 2x 2gb apacer 150x cards

Try it again then... third time lucky? You probably removed it while it was being written to and corrupted the filesystem.

If your using xp run a disk check on it that will sort out most problems with the card. I had corrupt sectors and couldn't delete folders off my card used that and woo sorted working again perfect.

Maybe you are removing card before windows has finished with it, thus corrupting the card.

Next time, do the "Safely remove hardware" stuff when you've finished playing and see if that helps.

Or even better, leave the card in the gp2x all the time, and copy files to it over the usb port to the gp2x.

probably did remove it early or something, i dont do the safely remove hardware, ill give it 1 more try with all ur info
and also back-up the card once i set the links up

They do go bad sometimes. My 4 month old Kingston Elite 2 Gb crapped out. The first time I tried to put more than a gig on it, I started getting write errors. I reformatted it and it is now a 934 Meg card. It is being RMA'd to Kingston now.

i don't know if it's better or worse but i usually use the "eject" function in the context menu when you right-click on the drive, because the safely remove hardware dialogs annoy me. if windows isn't intelligent enough to finish writing to the card if you hit eject in the OS, then we should all start using windows devs' various orifices as "card readers".

now its got even worse
when i was transferring some stuff over, it starts saying it dont recognize the card and no usb device is connected
half way thru copying stuff, after i've had it playing some games on me gp2x
arrgh ffs this shits pissing me off

hmm, might just be the card reader, my other 1 works
i'll do some more testing

now i cant even format more then 956mb of the card
but my comp can recognize it with my old sd card reader, which is broke and is constantly copyright locked

Before you reformat it you could try doing a "low level wipe". It turns every space on the SD Card to zero. Formatting doesn't properly refresh a card.

Freeware app http://hddguru.com/content/en/software/200...-HDD-Wipe-Tool/

It saved one of my corrupt cards about a month ago. Most people would have returned the card, but there was actually nothing wrong with it and has been fine ever since.

Another tip. Never write to a card with an SD card reader that can't see the full 4GB.

Edit: After wiping card with tool, remove it and reinsert it. Windows will then notice that you have a brand new unformatted card. Format it to FAT32.

Back