This is a longshot, but... anime thread?

Hey, do we have any Pyra forum members from Japan?

I ask because apparently the entire population of Japan saw the Demon Slayer movie over the weekend. I'm guessing it was pretty good.

Funny, I remember ekianjo now. It says he's been gone for two years. Didn't he run a website dedicated to handhelds? I think I remember the name, I'll try googling it.

Edit: It's called giantpockets.com and even it hasn't been updated in a year. Hmmm...

Last edited:
Netflix just announced Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan. Makes me wonder if Crunchyroll is really guaranteed JoJo part 6, or if Netflix might snatch it.

Meh, Part 6 still hasn't even been announced yet, so I guess I should wait until then to worry.

Reminds me, @Null how goes the Hatsune Miku poverty?

I can get my fix without having to spend money. :)

SGT-2020-6-1-1536x864.png

Remember when Crunchyroll and Funimation tried a partnership to share their shows, and the people who made the anime were all like, "F you, we need more money for our shows," so they stopped it?

Now Sony, who owns Funi, is just gonna outright buy Crunchy. Looks like Sony will basically own 90% of anime licenses, whether the creators like it or not.

On the plus side, maybe this means we can pay one price for access to all those shows. I dunno, they'll have enough content that they may divide it up into channels, the way some services do now.

One guy pointed out a huge downside to this merger: Funimation got rid of their forums and all community content a while ago. It's likely they would do the same to Crunchyroll.

With more laws holding companies accountable for what people post on their sites, more discussion is going to be pushed to sites whose main business is discussion.

I even wonder how long the Pyra forums can last.

Funimation on Twitter is teasing something for Switch, most likely a streaming app.

Meh, this would've mattered a bit more to me before I got my iPad mini.

Thanks for the heads up! Now if they just get the crunchyroll content up there I can finally finish 食戟のソーマ・しょくげきのソーマ!

I started watching "Street Fighter II V", that I didn't even knew it existed...
my expectations were very low, but instead, i like it a lot, not only because it is well drawn, but because of the story too (that differs from the "official" one).

When I arrived at the point explained in the next spoiler, I felt like a child again and cried because of the coolness factor.
At some point there is a death fight in a cage between Ken and Vega in an underground club, while Ryu is alone on the beach trying to grab enough energy to perform his just learned new move...
After some jump between Ryu rotating his arms and the blood fight between Ken and Vega, the battle between the two become ready for the last strike, with Ken almost unable to move and Vega jumping high preparing his blades...
A giant ocean wave comes in Ryu direction while he prepares to launch his glowing energy ball, and Ken with the last strength starts jumping with his arm raised...
Ryu: "HADOKEN" - Splitting in two the wave in front of him.
Ken: "SHORYUKEN" - Going against Vega that jumped from the ceiling

WTF MAN, THIS IS TOO MUCH !! :cool:

Last edited:
I try to keep up with My Hero Academia, session 3 so far. nice series. Have finished all "Konosuba", included the most recent Movie, totaly hilarious show and a good parody of all these "trapped in a gaming world" Animes. :D
Whats next...since I also finished the last season High School DxD, maybe I will start with Killing Bites...for the plot. :oops:

Eureka Seven

Oh, man, that was unexpected, I liked it from the first minute, the animation, the characters, it's very mature with a really deep romance story.
I didn't like the end, but it's mostly because Japanese people have always to make something extremely surreal in those animes...
But damn, it was a great experience.

Eureka Seven AO (The direct sequel)

This, instead, sucked really bad... it was a totally different kind of thing... seemed rushed so to add in a hurry some forced deepness to the characters, but without a real purpose, and still it's too much cheery...
Also it's not anymore an adventure, but just a series of combat sessions against a new kind of enemy... and too much things happens in too little time... factions becomes enemies and then allied and again enemies in like every two episodes...
At least it contains some kind of ending for the first serie, but luckily it was way shorter than the previous one.

Eureka Seven

Oh, man, that was unexpected, I liked it from the first minute, the animation, the characters, it's very mature with a really deep romance story.
I didn't like the end, but it's mostly because Japanese people have always to make something extremely surreal in those animes...
But damn, it was a great experience.

Eureka Seven AO (The direct sequel)

This, instead, sucked really bad... it was a totally different kind of thing... seemed rushed so to add in a hurry some forced deepness to the characters, but without a real purpose, and still it's too much cheery...
Also it's not anymore an adventure, but just a series of combat sessions against a new kind of enemy... and too much things happens in too little time... factions becomes enemies and then allied and again enemies in like every two episodes...
At least it contains some kind of ending for the first serie, but luckily it was way shorter than the previous one.
Yeah pretty much my thoughts.

Yeah pretty much my thoughts.
Eureka Seven - Hi Evolution 1 (First movie of a trilogy)

This was interesting, it is for 3/4 of the movie just a collage of pieces from the original serie (with some changed phrases here and there), meant anyway just for people who actually watched it, but there is also a totally new scene showing what happened before it.
So here can be seen what actually did the father of the protagonist to become the "hero", and why that "Apocalypse" who destroyed the world was called "Summer of Love"... also there is a little background on the Gekkostate crew when they were still in the army.

Back