Think I may need to RMA

gunrock

Very Active Member
First of all, let me say that in the 5 days I've had my Pandora I've grown to love it, but I just can't live with broken wifi.

There seems to be issues with the wifi module. Enabling wifi only works maybe 4 out of 10 times (the led lights up), but can never connect to a wireless network (though it may find some). Also, if the wifi has been enabled (whether or not the led lights up), Pandora shutdown or restart options don't work (i'm guessing the pandora is attempting to close the wifi chip down.

I have tried to reflash and I have tried hf6; no improvements there, unfortunatley.

Here's the dmesg.txt file which was output under HF5 after the module has successfully initialised. The second file dmesg1.txt is when we trying to disable the wifi module.

Attachments

• dmesg.txt
    59.6 KB · Views: 163
  • dmesg1.txt
    15.2 KB · Views: 164
Last edited by a moderator:
Wi-fi is giving problems,that's bad.

It looks like the wi-fi is gone bad and is faulty,maybe ed will have to replace with a new one,something must of went wrong,when you were using it.

First of all, let me say that in the 5 days I've had my Pandora I've grown to love it, but I just can't live with broken wifi.

There seems to be issues with the wifi module. Enabling wifi only works maybe 4 out of 10 times (the led lights up), but can never connect to a wireless network (though it may find some). Also, if the wifi has been enabled (whether or not the led lights up), Pandora shutdown or restart options don't work (i'm guessing the pandora is attempting to close the wifi chip down.

I have tried to reflash and I have tried hf6; no improvements there, unfortunatley.

Here's the dmesg.txt file which was output under HF5 after the module has successfully initialised. The second file dmesg1.txt is when we trying to disable the wifi module.
Well, make sure it's worth it ;)

Pandora wifi is ok for browsing, but for streaming and gaming you are better off using an external usb wifi stick. Then it can truly shine.

I use a random rt73usb stick on mine. Had it lying around. Getting it to work was as simple as copying a firmware from my laptop to pandora. Connection is much better and energy usage, too. You don't even need to use those scripts to activate/deactivate it. just stick in/out as you please. driver is up in like 2 seconds.

Move closer to your wifi router and see what happens. If that doesnt work, try the alternate wifi driver here: http://tinyurl.com/3opotvl

edit: try this command too: sudo iwconfig wlan0 power off rate 54M

I found that in another post from user Alerno

Back