The What Music Are You Listening To Thread

I have my pandora hooked up to my amplifier and am playing tracks with mplayer in a screen session (so I can control playback from my laptop or my phone by invoking "screen x")

Today the last few tracks were:

Code:
Playing PixiesTrompe/Pixies-Trompe_Le_Monde-13-Lovely_Day.flac.
Playing TEE2/Various-Trance_Europe_Express_2__CD_1-02-Speedy_J-The_Fun_Equations.flac.
Playing Handel-FeuerWasser/Haendel__Georg_Friedrich-Royal_Fireworks__Water_Music-04-Music_for_the_Royal_Fireworks__4_La_Rejouissance.flac.
Playing Plaid-RestProof/Plaid-Rest_Proof_Clockwork-03-Little_People.flac.
Playing BOC/Blue_Oyster_Cult-On_Flame_with_Rock_And_Roll-08-Burnin_For_You.flac.
Playing RunWestyRun/Run_Westy_Run-Hardly_Not_Even-06-King_of_Zebra_Pants.flac.
Playing JapanTinDrum/Japan-Tin_Drum-03-Ghosts.flac.
Playing Secrets_of_the_Beehive/David_Sylvian-Secrets_of_the_Beehive-08-Let_The_Happiness_In.flac.
Playing Piaf/Edith_Piav-Chaonsons_de_France__Vol_3-07-Dans_les_prisons_de_Nantes.flac.
Playing BobMarley/Bob_Marley_and_The_Wailers-Legend__The_Best_Of-14-Jamming.flac.

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently listening to something really interesting I made. I can't really describe it, but it is pretty interesting as parts of the loop get washed away by the trickling noise coming from the festering corpse of delay. It will probably be gone soon.

Currently listening to something really interesting I made. I can't really describe it, but it is pretty interesting as parts of the loop get washed away by the trickling noise coming from the festering corpse of delay. It will probably be gone soon.

Share your work! Perhaps we should start a "Music Makers" thread?

Share your work! Perhaps we should start a "Music Makers" thread?

I really don't even record most of what I do. With the exception of things where files are created, most of my stuff dies as soon as I kill the power to it. It is no big loss, since it isn't any good.

After a while I changed the setup I had, using the same loop. At one point my other half listened to it and liked it, which is surprising since that type of stuff is usually met with less pleasant reactions.

If we did have a thread like you mentioned I have a series of questions for others who have experience with certain hardware I have long been interested in. It might motivate me to record some stuff (which might make other things I never tried easier to accomplish).

Listening to some Zelda music, courtesy of the Nintendo Customer Help line ... they can keep me on hold a while longer, I'm fine with this :)

Back