The Very Original Current Listening Thread!!

B00021LRWM.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Attachments

• B00021LRWM.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 130
    66.4 KB · Views: 138
    66.4 KB · Views: 133
That new Beastie Boys record sucks, I didnt realise by old school they ment "the old school we were never a part of, because our kind of old school was crazy quirky awesome non-mainstream hiphop ala Pauls Boutique"

ie, they used to rock sooooo hard, this sound like every other hip-pop record around, gone are the witty lyrics and gone are the floor fillers :(

Album - hide - Junk Story

Playing on my mums Bose cd player (full volume.. wonder if that banging is the neighbours.. u can hear this 5 houses away :p)... fuck its good.

Song - hide - in motion

El_Diablo posted on Aug 28 2004 at 03:26 AM said:
Thecheat at if you like The Pillows check out 'Straightener' and 'Art School' they are really awesome jrock bands!

I'm listening to Forensics "Boat Day At The Marina" friggin HXC!
will do, when i get home... im at my dads and they only have farkin dial up cause qwest DSL fucked em over <_<
AND SHIT! we have a portable CD player hooked up to our reciever usually, but they took it with em! all i can do is listen to the same 20 songs on my palm or listen to the radio...
oh well, to the palm!
LISTENING: Spit by Kittie (a kickass all girl deathmetal band :p )
stuff by Schoolyard Heroes ( a cool seattle metal/other stuff band, check them out)
random mix with marilyn manson, del the funkee homosapien, pillows, um... ohter stuff ive listened to a million times but cant remember lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been pretty much listening to Mic Club: The Curriculum by Canibus on loop for the past month. The new JMT stuff looks arousing though.

Also coming out:
De La Soul "The Grind Date" (f/ Common, Ghostface, Carl Thomas, & single "Bonz Malone")
Talib Kweli "The Beautiful Struggle" (f/ Mary J. Blige, Faith Evans, RES, & more)
And the upcoming fourth album of System Of A Down will be released between November 29th and December 13th...

I was almost excited at "Disciples Of The 36 Chambers" until I realised it was just a live cut collection.

Rico posted on Aug 29 2004 at 12:11 PM said:
De La Soul "The Grind Date" (f/ Common, Ghostface, Carl Thomas, & single "Bonz Malone")

yo is that the new album? have you heard the cut with mf doom? its pretty fucking nice

bringoutthegimp posted on Aug 29 2004 at 12:35 PM said:
Rico posted on Aug 29 2004 at 12:11 PM said:

yo is that the new album? have you heard the cut with mf doom? its pretty fucking nice
Yup it's new. Unlike that Wu-Tang shit. What's the cut called?

EDIT: For anyone interested you can get the three JMT tracks here: http://www.babygrande.com/

Back