The Very Original Current Listening Thread!!

bringoutthegimp posted on Aug 13 2004 at 12:14 PM said:
Cee-Lo - when we were friends

cee lo is a genius
You heard anything by Dungeon Family? Cee-Lo is IMO at his best on that album, I never really liked the stuff he did solo or with the Goodie Mob.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rico posted on Aug 13 2004 at 06:47 PM said:
You heard anything by Dungeon Family? Cee-Lo is IMO at his best on that album, I never really liked the stuff he did solo or with the Goodie Mob.
na ive never heard any dungeon family stuff but i like the goodie mob and im a HUGE fan of his solo work

bringoutthegimp posted on Aug 13 2004 at 02:09 PM said:
Rico posted on Aug 13 2004 at 06:47 PM said:
na ive never heard any dungeon family stuff but i like the goodie mob and im a HUGE fan of his solo work
Cee-lo is one of the most talented lyricists. Just listen to any of his verses on Soul Food or his amazing opening verse on "git up get out and get something" on the first outkast album. Some of his solo shit is also fire; look into "one for the road" on cee-lo gree and his perfect imperfections. And yea- who can forget his shit with the Dungeon Family- nasty as hell

EDIT: @ Rico- nasty is a good thing bro :)

I don't know exactly what you mean by 'nasty' :unsure: but I was really referring to his verses in Crooked Booty / Follow The Light / 6 Minutes / Trans DF Express. He was good enough of those for me to cop his solo stuff and Goodie Mob stuff, and I went out expecting it to be great and it kinda sucked, must be just me. I haven't heard his newest album, only '...Imperfections'. Goodie Mob stuff was good overall but I didn't hear much of him, and it wasn't too impressive.

The sound of silence..... while, i wait for my PSU of my main pc with all music in to discharge so i can put the fan back in ....the right way round this time! :rolleyes:

Wolfsclaw posted on Aug 13 2004 at 02:24 PM said:
Mobb Deep - Freestyle from whookids n vin diesels chronicles of riddick mixtape
Mobb Deep - shook ones

I've been listening to alot of punk-cover songs lately, just got done listening to
"Barbie Girl" by MxPx (Funny :lol: ), and
"Somewhere over the Rainbow" I'm not sure who did that one, But it's good.

Back