The Three Dimensions Of The Gp2x

BraveBruce

Still Fresh
Hi!

I was wondering...

What 3D games are out there for the GP2X? How many? I don't just mean interpreters like Duke3D, I mean emulated games and games that were designed for or ported to the GP2X.

Just thought it'd be interesting to know.

Brucey :rolleyes:

UPDATE: Here's the list (a work in progress):

Descent [1]
Duke Nukem 3D [1]
Marathon Trilogy [1]
Hexen Trilogy [1] [2] [3]
Quake 1 & 2 [1] [2]
Rise of The Triad [1]
Shadow Warrior [1]
Wolfenstein 3D [1]
Doom [1]

Payback [1]
Fleshchasmer: The Eve [1]
Egoboo2X [1]

Frontier [1]

Atari ST [1]
Carrier Command

Amiga [1]
Hunter

Last edited by a moderator:
Fleshchasmer: The Eve and Egoboo2x is all I can think of right now, besides Quake and some Psx titles that supposedly run well.

Well, I know of Descent, Duke Nukem 3D, the Marathon trilogy, the Hexen games and the Quake games. Perhaps I should compile a list?

There are several on the Amiga and Atari ST...

Carrier Command and Hunter are two of the best.

IS Frontier: Elite 2 really that good? (never played eitherElite, but keep meaning too..)

Is MArathon ported? Damn, need to check that out :)

jeff

skeezix said:
IS Frontier: Elite 2 really that good? (never played eitherElite, but keep meaning too..)

Is MArathon ported? Damn, need to check that out :)

jeff
I've only ever really gotten into Frontier:First Encounters (i.e. Elite 3), mostly because it's prettier than F:E2, but that game is one of those few that I go back to year after year when I feel the urge - and it is supposed to be less polished than it's earlier cousin (the game basically was never finished properly so the story - if you actually try and play it - doesn't make much sense. Unlike F:E2).

Hearing about it being ported though was one of those moments which made me glad I had a GP2x :), even if it was the earlier cousin.

Que?

BFG? I do hope that means Big Friendly Giant.

I'm updating the list now. Wait... What is 'U'? And 'Final'?

Aww, well, at least it looks promising! And, besides that, I got a quick thrill out of the word 'tweaking'. xP

So, I added the Doom link, but what about 'U' and 'Final'? I seriously doubt it refers to Unreal.

BraveBruce said:
Aww, well, at least it looks promising! And, besides that, I got a quick thrill out of the word 'tweaking'. xP

So, I added the Doom link, but what about 'U' and 'Final'? I seriously doubt it refers to Unreal.

Thanks!

He means Ultimate Doom (udoom.wad) and Final Doom (tnt.wad, plutonia.wad). Doom is life, yo. Just shorthand.

BraveBruce said:
As was said
Ultimate Doom(Doom I episode 4)
Final Doom (TNT & Plutonia Experiment)

Thou art not praise sacred! That is the cause of so little 3d games to eversighting eye of gp2x generation
"Doom Shall Never Die, Only the Players..."

Well if you count Atari ST you could also add these SNES titles:

Doom
Wolfenstein
Starfox (EU name:Starwing)
Stunt Race FX
Vortex

(I haven't tested them, do these work?)

EDIT: Ok, none of these work good enough to mention. My bad, forget this post. :p

(Mode7 games like pirate wings, super mario kart and F-zero don't count I guess)

Thanks for realising there are actually consoles! Hehe. I remember trying Starfox, but it didn't even load.

I do know of Block-Out for, well, a few systems. It's a very smooth-running 3D Tetris game.

Back