Have a few questions about some games?

#1 GameMaster

Website
Visit site
I have a list of games and was wondering if someone could let me know exactly what files are needed for them to work I have some working but I just copied over everything and would like to just try and keep my card clean of any files that aren't needed. Sorry if I'm troublesome to any of you but thanks for your help ahead of time. ;)

1. Hexen

2. Hexen 2

3. Heretic

4. Quake 2

5. Quake 3

6. Gish

7. Sonic Robo Blast 2

8. Ken's Labyrinth

9. Doom

10. Ultima 7

11. Rise of the Triad

12. Wolfenstein

13. Spear of Destiny

14. Little Big Adventure

15. Little Big Adventure 2

Hexen, Heretic, and Doom will probably only need the .wad files if you're using a port. If you're using dosbox, however, you will need the entire game. For the Quake 2 port you will need all the .pak files from the original located in baseq2 I think. For Wolfenstein 3d and Spear of Destiny ports you'll probably need just about everything except for the batch and executable files from the original. For Quake 3 put pak1.pk3 and pak0.pk3 in pandora/appdata/quake3/baseq3.

I need this information for Hexen II. I put the files in, but nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I this trouble too, but realized that I needed to use Quake3 NanoGL not ioQuake3.

Yes, with Q3 NanoGL it runs just fine. Just put a folder named "baseq3" under "appdate\quake3" and put in the pak0.pk3 and pak1.pk3 files from your copy of Q3.

Have you updated Hexen II to V.1.11?

The port needs the updated files.

I this trouble too, but realized that I needed to use Quake3 NanoGL not ioQuake3.

Yes, with Q3 NanoGL it runs just fine. Just put a folder named "baseq3" under "appdate\quake3" and put in the pak0.pk3 and pak1.pk3 files from your copy of Q3.

Have you updated Hexen II to V.1.11?

The port needs the updated files.
I figured it out. I forgot to put them in a folder called data1.

Did you find out how to get "Rise of the Triad" running?

The PND alone is not enough, it seems to expect something more in the appdata folder, but what and where?

Did you find out how to get "Rise of the Triad" running?

The PND alone is not enough, it seems to expect something more in the appdata folder, but what and where?
You need the game files from the retail game or shareware version.. I took mine from the CD I owned.. I copied over everything that wasn't a .EXE or .BAT or document file.

this is what I have in my appdata/rott directory:

remote1.rts

huntbgin.rtl

huntbgin.rtc

demo2_3.dmo

demo1_3.dmo

darkwar.wad

darkwar.rtl

darkwar.rtc

edit: Not entirely sure what if there are more not needed files in that list.. I just tend to copy over the entire folder and prune out the DOS executable files.

I have a list of games and was wondering if someone could let me know exactly what files are needed for them to work I have some working but I just copied over everything and would like to just try and keep my card clean of any files that aren't needed.
That's is a long list of games. I really wonder why that many engines came without documentation. I thought open and especially pandora software comes with some kind of readme or other .txt, where such details of requirements are directly usable by any user.

Actually most of those games do come with documentation..

This thread is also over a year old, I'm sure most of these issues have been solved already. The majority of these games require data files from the original games..

Back