The Therapist's Office

Awakening said:
The long wait for the Pandora have made my head full of things I want to code for it.

At first I just wanted to do a simple puzzle game to learn C++ and SDL. I have years of bedroom coding experience using other languages. I started on the art for it and had lots of ideas for various features. But I decided to wait for my Pandora. There are a few other simple game ideas that have popped up after that, they all make use of the touchscreen.

After playing some indie games lately I started thinking about resurrecting my own game making software. I would redo everything that I wasn't really happy about, especially the UI. Inspired by the simplicity of some games I've played it would focus on playability rather then visuals. Making a 2D sidescroller platform system would be a lot easier then the complex Zelda adventure style I was going for first. I find myself thinking about player animation, AI etc. at least once a day.

Lately I've been thinking about the usefulness and portability of the Pandora and how to use it in my work. I started working on designing board games when I stopped with my game software. It's going great BTW :) And there are just so many everyday things I can think about that would be nice to implement into a project management software. I just started with "Wouldn't it be nice with an app where I can scribble things down, like on paper." and I just went a bit nuts after that. I know about Xournal and that will do wonders (please, someone port it fast) but it's not for project management.

Big problem is that I want to do all of them at the same time and I know how much time consuming each and every project is and how little time I actually have to spend coding.

*notes: might be developping Pandophilia*
Go on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Dr. G.,

Today I overheard that you are unsure what a pap smear is. Could I please see your certification?

Sincerely,
Concerned Pandophile

P.S. Nice 'stache.

Dr G.

i was so bored of waiting my panda i had to buy a DSL just in order to get used on having some extra weight in one of my pockets.
am i going down the pandorian hell because of this sin?

DroneB Dev said:
Dr G.

i was so bored of waiting my panda i had to buy a DSL just in order to get used on having some extra weight in one of my pockets.
am i going down the pandorian hell because of this sin?

Say two hail ed's and an our craigx, all is forgiven.

Dr G

It has been so lonely for so long that I have been seeing other technology behind pandora's back
Even a 5" WinCE MID, I'm ashamed to say .. from a well known peddlar of cheap electronics
And PSP's are starting to look attractive

Will pandora still love me when she arrives?
I bought SDHC cards to feed her.

Yours
R

Mr.Confuzed said:
Dear Dr. G.,

Today I overheard that you are unsure what a pap smear is. Could I please see your certification?

Sincerely,
Concerned Pandophile

P.S. Nice 'stache.

Well, as you may know, I am a Frenchie. I just didn't know the exact term in English. Now I know. I will bring you along in my next seminar.

Xian Long said:
Dr. G

how many pandoras can you fit in your mouth

i must know

Pandophilia, again.

gp32rich said:
Dr G

It has been so lonely for so long that I have been seeing other technology behind pandora's back
Even a 5" WinCE MID, I'm ashamed to say .. from a well known peddlar of cheap electronics
And PSP's are starting to look attractive

Will pandora still love me when she arrives?
I bought SDHC cards to feed her.

Yours
R

Don't you talk to me ever again.

My esteemed colleague, Dr G, I'd like to offer a second opinion if I may, regarding the above case of gp32rich.

I put it to yourself and this fine community, that since the patient has never cast eyes on the front of a pandora, he can't very well do anything behind it's back! I propose, therefore, that his indiscretions with other devices are not sins, merely "practice" before the big game. On the other hand, the fact that he wrote "PSP" and "attractive" in the same sentence, suggests he is delusional, and for that, I leave the treatment in your hands.

Peace.

someone is making competence right next to your office (topic)

Back