The Stylus And The Lcd

I have an old Jornada 720, clamshell w/keyboard and a touchscreen. I never considered it to be an awkward touch interface, and it puzzles me that it's a concern that it would be.

j720.jpg

(however, I suspect the Pandora's keyboard won't be anywhere near as nice as the 720's)

Last edited by a moderator:
'White Flame' said:
I have an old Jornada 720, clamshell w/keyboard and a touchscreen. I never considered it to be an awkward touch interface, and it puzzles me that it's a concern that it would be.
The OP is what I'm getting because I was never able to afford a Jornada. And well, lets be clear, the OP is pretty awesome anyways.

The system is called the Pandora. OpenPandora is the commercial entity behind the Pandora.

'lulzfish' said:
Can we call it the OP P?
You down with OP P? Yeah, you know me.

Seriously, as long as we know what he's talking about (and we all do) then it doesn't really matter.

For some reason I had a feeling a Jersey guy was going to bring that song up

Since we're talking user interface here, I am keen to know if the analog nubs and d-pad are working in mouse/cursor control mode yet. I envision using the OP P without having to even pull out the stylus for most purposes. Is this going to be possible?

I don't think they have that implemented yet, but AFAIK they're planning to do it. MWeston's last keypad/control layout concept showed one nub for mouse, the other for scrolling. We also know that Cpasjuste's menu (the minimal one) will use d-pad control just like Gmenu2x.

Once they get everything nailed in firmware, we should be able to customise it all at will.

'j.pickens' said:
Since we're talking user interface here, I am keen to know if the analog nubs and d-pad are working in mouse/cursor control mode yet.
The dpad can already be used in place of arrow keys. As far as I know the analog pads are not working as a mouse yet, but not because it's impossible (or even difficult). It just happens that most of the dev boards do not have analog nubs so nobody has had a chance to sort it out yet. It should definitely be implemented in time for launch.

'Phawx' said:
Yep. If he didn't, I would have.

'Chip' said:
'lulzfish' said:
Can we call it the OP P?

Seriously, as long as we know what he's talking about (and we all do) then it doesn't really matter.
OK, so it was only me who for a moment thought he was getting the Original Poster? Seriously, I think using OP for the Pandora can derail a lot of conversations.

/grydholt

'grydholt' said:
'Chip' said:
'lulzfish' said:
Can we call it the OP P?

OK, so it was only me who for a moment thought he was getting the Original Poster? Seriously, I think using OP for the Pandora can derail a lot of conversations.

/grydholt

I agree. The posts with OP in them made me think Original Poster. Someone said that the OP was pretty cool and I was thinking to myself that CraigX was a cool guy.

This is really nice to hear, as it was my fear too, that it would be hard to use the touchscreen. So it's a huge relief to hear that it isn't the case. Even updates that aren't really updates (like this one), are great! Thanks craigix! :)

'Vorporeal' said:
'Phawx' said:
Yep. If he didn't, I would have.

Yea, I was about too, as well. Chip beat me to it.

@Chip

Thank goodness the D-pad represents the arrow keys. ScummVM should need no configuration at all to play AGI games.

'Chip' said:
The dpad can already be used in place of arrow keys. As far as I know the analog pads are not working as a mouse yet, but not because it's impossible (or even difficult). It just happens that most of the dev boards do not have analog nubs so nobody has had a chance to sort it out yet. It should definitely be implemented in time for launch.
Thanks for the reply, Chip.
Makes sense that those working on the thing who don't have analog pads haven't worked on that yet.
Are the MK3 boards getting distributed to devs yet?

Back