The Ring 2

Sadako posted on Mar 24 2005 at 09:05 PM said:
That is impossible! In England it comes out April 1st!

not when you know where to get it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
kknd_cf posted on Mar 24 2005 at 12:57 PM said:
EvilDragon posted on Mar 24 2005 at 03:00 AM said:
Ring 1 USA was crap.
Ring 1 Jap was okay
Ring 2 Jap was crap
Ring 0 Jap was okay
Ring 3 Jap was okay, though not very scary.
Ring 0?

Yep, the predecessor. Tells Sadakos story.
Came out after Ring 2

Last edited:
Sadako posted on Mar 24 2005 at 11:05 PM said:
That is impossible! In England it comes out April 1st!

Don't you have any previews in UK? We do have in Germany :)

Last edited:
EvilDragon posted on Mar 25 2005 at 09:43 AM said:
kknd_cf posted on Mar 24 2005 at 12:57 PM said:
EvilDragon posted on Mar 24 2005 at 03:00 AM said:
Ring 1 USA was crap.
Ring 1 Jap was okay
Ring 2 Jap was crap
Ring 0 Jap was okay
Ring 3 Jap was okay, though not very scary.
Ring 0?

Yep, the predecessor. Tells Sadakos story.
Came out after Ring 2
Ahh I like films like that, all depends how much I like the series.

firefly1201 posted on Mar 27 2005 at 06:08 PM said:
japanese Ring is on UK televisions everywhere at 12.05am, channel 4 I think.

when ? already saw it but will watch again probably :p

I'd like to see Ring 2 again before the US version so I can more fairly compare. I enjoyed it but I do remember being slightly diappointed because it didn't quite have the same impact as the original.

Did you know that Ring 2 wasn't the first sequel to Ring? Spiral, a direct adaptation of the book of the same name, was released around the same time as Ring. It tanked because it was boring and confusing and didn't relate to Ring, apparently. Well, you probably already know this if you clicked the link I posted before. Just found it interesting, is all :p

Huxley posted on Mar 29 2005 at 12:21 AM said:
I'd like to see Ring 2 again before the US version so I can more fairly compare. I enjoyed it but I do remember being slightly diappointed because it didn't quite have the same impact as the original.

Did you know that Ring 2 wasn't the first sequel to Ring? Spiral, a direct adaptation of the book of the same name, was released around the same time as Ring. It tanked because it was boring and confusing and didn't relate to Ring, apparently. Well, you probably already know this if you clicked the link I posted before. Just found it interesting, is all :p
Is the manga any good?

taken on its own terms 'Uzumaki' (Spiral) is actually not a bad film at all. Although the connection to ringu is a little tenuous.

Ringu is great, the remake wasn't actually all that bad (but it could have been sooooo much better) but the grudge shows how remakes should be done.

kknd_cf posted on Mar 29 2005 at 02:12 PM said:
Is the manga any good?

To be honest I've no idea...there's a review on my site but it wasn't written by me :p

Ringu is great, the remake wasn't actually all that bad (but it could have been sooooo much better) but the grudge shows how remakes should be done.

The Grudge remake was directed by its original director, right? I think that helps...even gives them a chance to do things differently, maybe even improve on the original.

Huxley posted on Apr 1 2005 at 09:39 AM said:
kknd_cf posted on Mar 29 2005 at 02:12 PM said:
Is the manga any good?

To be honest I've no idea...there's a review on my site but it wasn't written by me :p

The Grudge remake was directed by its original director, right? I think that helps...even gives them a chance to do things differently, maybe even improve on the original.
Yeah it was, Sarah Michell Geller was talking about it on Jonathon Ross, as well as Japanese toilets.

Sadako posted on Mar 24 2005 at 08:34 PM said:
Oh my god, I just LOVE the Ring, on the cinema, when The Ring 2 comes out on April 1st, I will be the first in UK to see it! But I wonder if maybe the cinema will be packed. I know EVERYTHING about The Ring series!! So ask me ANYTHING!
I read the books, the manga, seen all the films, everything! I AM RING MANIAC! Why do you think my name is Sadako?! Sadako's name is Samara in the US version, the US version is good!!
Thank you Tom for letting me know about this!

i wondered that actaually after seeing it yesterday

Nope, the director of the american grudge was Sam Raimi (of Evil Dead fame), the director of the japanese grudge (ju-on) was Takashi Shimizu. However, apparently, Shimizu was named executive producer, which meant he had a great deal of influence over how it was (re)made.

[edit] The american ring is, imo, decidely average.

Uzumaki is terrible and corny. Especially the end. I liked it only because I laughed it (and that ridiculous spiral hairstyle) :)

Anyone seen the Korean version "The Ring Virus"

I saw it in MVC yesterday and wondered if it was worth buying (i have seen all the other ringus and rings so far)

Back