The other "Pyra"

S

sulu

I recently met with a friend whom I told about the Pyra. He said that he vaguely remembers having heard of the name, but couldn't make any connection to computers (he would have, had he heard of the gaming console).
Last weekend he sent me a link. [1] He moved from smoking to vaping about two years ago, and it likely came up during his research.

[1] http://www.vaperev.com/blog/the-pyra-by-picolibri/

Even if there was a trademark, trademark law does not forbid identical trademarks if they are in different markets.
Dragonbox Pyra would be in trademark class 9 and vaperev Pyra in class 34, hopefully. So one would not infringe on the other.
The base idea is trademark purpose is to avoid misleading as to which product it is (or whose product it is). So if they are in different
markets no one can be mislead. And people do independently come up with the same names.
IANAL, ask a lawyer if you need it.

Yeah, no problem with the name so long as in different markets, as pyrat said.
I recently found this when was looking at a rebranding/logo for something at work.

Pyra is probably also many other things ... I know it's a drug, and a model of ski's.
The ski's actually have a really nice typeface for their logo imo

clone.jpg

Didn't we have another thread where some of us were linking to other Pyra and DragonBox stuff?

I actually once got a video recommendation from one of ED's videos to this thing. And to some Indian musician and a very, very weird Linux console that died a few years ago. One of these Steam Machines trying to bring PC gaming into the living room, for whatever reason you need an extra computer for that I don't understand, but before Steam Machines, that are now dead, too, were even a thing.

Which of the two is smoking hot ?! :D

Both contain fire. And one of them is actually made by an Dragon.
Most people I know who vape try to tell people all the time that vaping "isn't smoking" and "nothing actually burns in it", so watch out for the hate mob ;)

So @EvilDragon, I think we need to modify the case to include a vape holder to include the pyra above.. like for the stylus only larger..

thanks

I see how that could get confusing.

- Honey, bring me my Pyra, will you.

-- Oh silly industrialist mogul, you sure know how to make successful trademark jokes.

-- Now where is that sherry.

-- Now where is that sherry.
Chuckle, not not the Cherry keyboard, the Birkin one...

• Included Accessories: Microfiber Polishing Cloth, Wood Treatment Wax
Now if only THAT was included with the DragonBox Pyra...

There are a number of Pyra products , some of which were mentioned when we were discussing how PYRA would be pronounced .

For example there is the Roccat Pyra gaming mouse. Pronounced Pie Rah

Back