The Official Gp2x Startup Sound Topic

cool ideas

-the guy saying 'resident evil..' whenever you start a game which sounds pretty cool (I like the RE:CV one)
-the classic chime in LoZ games when you solve a puzzle.

REQUEST FOR STARTUP SOUNDS!

EM Pinball machine starting up, if your old enough to have played one you'll know what i mean:)
THX sound.
Williams Defender initialisation sound.
Frogger coin up sound.

not sure of the compatability of these.

many thanks for your effort in advance.

GaRy:)

Shikaku posted on May 22 2006 at 08:54 PM said:
Compatibility for startup-sounds=must be less than 2.7 seconds.

Can't do any of those sounds however, but I just wanted to let you know

That's a bummer :[ I've been trying to get the "success" tune from FF7 to work, but it's about 4 seconds long. I wouldn't be suprised if this length restriction can be changed in the boot or kernel source.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the Zelda jingle might be nice.

Da Da Da Duuuum!
"You got the GP2X!
With this you can watch
movies, listen to music
or play emulated games!"

I made a nice one, how do I submit it to the file archives?

If someone has a recording setup could you record a PC booting (whirrr of PSU fan; floppy and hard drives churning and then a beep as the POST exits OK)? Could be a funky startup noise coupled with a Win 3.1 or 95 skin...

Is there anyway to restore the original sound/delete the startup sound afterwards?

Yes.

Just put the original sound on an SD card and boot it while holding start+select. Reboot and you will have the default sound.

atomicthumbs posted on May 5 2006 at 07:51 AM said:
I did it by making it 2.705125 seconds long, 22.50 khz, 16 bits, stereo. I basically just changed the original sound file instead of making a new one.

2.705125 seconds? lol make it simple and just say 59,648 samples.

Sonistar posted on May 6 2006 at 02:11 AM said:
i was wondering if someone could get the old sonic "segaaaa" tune working?
that would be AWESOME!!!!

i dont know how to do it thou

http://www.geocities.com/michel0528/Sonic2.wav just done it, haven't compared with the one others linked too, but can't be better ;-). Took me like 3 minutes to do it and upload it, so if anyone has suggestions...

Hi
I am trying to update a sound and I have tried loads of times but just keep getting the normal screen that takes you to the menu when I press start and select when turning on.

Edit: Ingore me i'm a dick and sorted it

I don't own any sound editing software (unless Windows XP has something I don't know about) but would love to have a start-up sound made from the link below or maybe a quick "how-to create" (I didn't see one but may have missed it).

This is the file that I think would be great as a start-up for my GP2X. It's the Intellivision Space Spartans sound bite "Hello commander... computer reporting". THAT would be great! :D

Thanks in advance. :)

I don't own any sound editing software (unless Windows XP has something I don't know about) but would love to have a start-up sound made from the link below or maybe a quick "how-to create" (I didn't see one but may have missed it).

This is the file that I think would be great as a start-up for my GP2X. It's the Intellivision Space Spartans sound bite "Hello commander... computer reporting". THAT would be great! :D

Thanks in advance. :)

http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,59,1611

Just for you...

Back