The Official Best Deals Topic

My mom just cashed some of my checks so I'm sitting here with $85 and no SD cards.... :) BTW I ordered my gp2x MKII today from gp32z. How long should it take to get in? (I live in the states)

got it today. Formatting right now.

While I'm formatting it says
Capacity:
955MB
File system:
FAT32
Allocation unit size:
Default allocation size

I'm hoping 955 MB isn't the max capacity of this 4GB card I just got... That better be something else. 955 was the only choice.

lintsniffer posted on May 26 2006 at 10:56 PM said:
got it today. Formatting right now.

While I'm formatting it says
Capacity:
955MB
File system:
FAT32
Allocation unit size:
Default allocation size

I'm hoping 955 MB isn't the max capacity of this 4GB card I just got... That better be something else. 955 was the only choice.

*OUCH*, Have you tried formatting in fat32 ?.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
Try this under Windows and the SD card plugged in:

Open up Computer Management under Control Panel, Administrative Tools.

Click on the text that says Disk Management under Storage on the Left

You should see all your drives/partitions on the right now. Check out the space with the colored boxes and look at the area where your SD card drive letter is.

If there is a black box with a colored box next to it, right click the colored box and click delete partition. Then right click the black box that combined with the blue box and hit format (DO NOT FORMAT FROM MY COMPUTER).

If there is not, then can't help you...

sinkyboy2000 posted on May 29 2006 at 06:16 PM said:
Neo Child posted on May 28 2006 at 11:05 PM said:

Anyone know if the viking cards will work for firmware upgrades?

nickspoon posted on Mar 24 2006 at 03:10 PM said:
Viking cards are hit and miss (and also very cheap) because they are surplus stock from other brands. Mine was a Toshiba 1GB, which works well for flashing. Peel off the Viking sticker to find out what YOURS is!

Shikaku posted on May 29 2006 at 11:25 PM said:
sinkyboy2000 posted on May 29 2006 at 06:16 PM said:
Neo Child posted on May 28 2006 at 11:05 PM said:

Anyone know if the viking cards will work for firmware upgrades?

nickspoon posted on Mar 24 2006 at 03:10 PM said:
Viking cards are hit and miss (and also very cheap) because they are surplus stock from other brands. Mine was a Toshiba 1GB, which works well for flashing. Peel off the Viking sticker to find out what YOURS is!

Ehehe, I'm going to try that when I get it - sounds funky.

I also have a 4GB SD card that I can only format as 1GB.

Transcends website states that many card reader/writers cannot handle such a large capacity.

They have a utility there which is supposed to sort it, but failed for me :(

They also mention that there own reader will work ok, but not sure if i'll be able to format with a reader, presumably i need a reader/writer ?

Can anyone recommend a reader/writer that they've had success in formatting a 4gb card with ?

Back