The Non-Gamer's Pandora

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Website
Visit site
http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/25/bphone-netbook-smartphone-hyrbid-now-available-to-order/

bphone-03-25-2010.jpg

Take a look at this. It's a mini convertible tablet thing, with built in smartphone capabilities.

Features include:

5-inch touchscreen, along with a 624MHz Marvell CPU, ARM Linux 2.6 for an OS, 256GB of flash storage, built-in Bluetooth, WiFi and GPS, and quad-band GSM connectivity.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• bphone-03-25-2010.jpg
    bphone-03-25-2010.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 107
It's a bit bigger than the Pandora, so probably not pocketable.
And if they ship with 256GB of flash memory (Was that a typo?) it will be expensive as all hell.

Looks interesting buuuuuut I'll wait for my Pandora.

A lot of these Pandoras for non gamers coming out lately.

EDIT: It's like $150 more, why buy this over the Pandora? It's larger and costs more.

There's phone hardware in there, somewhat justifying the price. I like the general design idea but I'd prefer it in a less cheap looking form with improvements to the internals, like a better CPU. It's also pretty bad that it doesn't seem to have UMTS/HSDPA...

As a smartphone, it's an interesting device, but not so much as a Pandora replacement. It offers a subset of the Pandora's features (ignoring the smartphone thing for the moment) at a price that's quite a bit higher. 256 MB of storage, not GB, and 128MB of SDRAM don't really help either. Since I already have a phone I couldn't really justify the price purely on that basis.

On the other hand, if it were under $200, I'd probably go for it. I wouldn't cancel my Pandora preorder, though. :p

Expensive. No USB host (?) I don't want a Cellphone. No video out. PLz, hurry up with the pandora already :(

Interesting...

is01top.jpg

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/30/sharp-is01-snapdragon-powered-3g-mid-introduces-au-to-android/

Attachments

• is01top.jpg
    is01top.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 114
Back