The moment you realized just how freakin awesome the Pandora is...

^ Bit of a similar story.  I have my favorite games from that era.  Even more recent PC games work with a bit of tweaking.  Qemu, DosBox and sometimes GemRB.  I was following this great guide from BAFelton here --->  http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/10136-gemrb-how-to-install-bg-and-co-my-guide/?hl=bafelton  and now I've played BG1 & BG2 on the Pandora.  I also just got a custom tv-out cable, so I'm really excited to play it on a big screen as well.  How cool is thing?   B)
Really was ive tried to start BG1 but it is really unstable with lockups/crashes, how was it for you?
BG1 is quite playable for me.  I have a 1GHz version BTW.  It's crashed on me twice.  Not going to say that GemRB is perfect, but I just make sure that I save my game progress more frequently - especially if I'm going to exit off the current map to move to another one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a bit of an awesome moment last night. I decided to finally try Widelands, and it's working fairly well.

For me was when someone released LibreOffice as a pnd.
Ditto.

This was the point at which this became more than just a cool gaming device for me...and one with practical business application...including NoteCasePro and other really useful business tools.
+1 for LibreOffice....NoteCasePro....

+ Debian..... + Slack......

etc, etc....

:lol:

I'm coming up on three years with one of these bad Pandora type things.  Had to rip it open soon after taking it out of the box.  This was an adventure that worked out in the end.  Somewhere between SNES emulation and MAME4All it had my heart over a Dingoo A320 and my already departed GP2X, which I dumped for the A320. 

Every time some cool new PND  or update shows up in the repo (proper port of Firefox, LibreOffice, updated GMU music player etc.).

Every time I get some idea and it shows up it is feasible with Pandora.

Every time I listen to music with Pandora.

Every time I go to work or travel away for a few days and I don't have to carry the charger.

The Pandora has now replaced my netbook as the go-to device for everyday tasks such as email, web surfing, etc.

I'm constantly reminded how awesome the bloody thing is. The most recent time was when i downloaded the Japanese psx version of Tales Of Phantasia, patched it into English and then proceeded to play it on the Pandora perfectly in all its enhanced graphical glory.

So good :-D

When i received the paper prototype.
Bah! I thought I was the only one who printed it out, cut it out and taped it together. Looking forward to my real one arriving soon. I'm thinking out getting out my OmniGo 120 or my Zaurus until then.

Most of those older games only have mono sound.
No matter. The sound still surrounds you.
Actually it does matter. "Surround sound" is a technical term meaning 4 channels of different sounds coming at you (stereo from the front and two different channels coming from the rear).
I don't think that the technicalities are that important.  What she DID was impressive and funny...and having car speakers "around you" is essentially the same thing for most people.  No need to quibble. 

For me, I started and finished one big presentation for about 300 audience on electrical engineering stuff while taking a 5hrs bus ride.  Libre Office is awesome and better than MS office 2013  :D

When surprise fixes or features happen, normally by Notaz or Exophase...

O hai - I just fixed powersaving!

O hai - I managed to tweak wifi so it doesn't suck

O hai - I just made a double resolution renderer for PSX

etc etc this is what makes the Pandora awesome, the endevouvers of the talented individuals that exist in the community! :)

In the 2 Years wait Time had i so many Ideas and they are partialy super :)

1: Integrade in your Furniture Bluetooth Speaker and use the Pandora as Bluetooth Wlan Internetradio or to play from your NAS to the Bluetooth Speaker in the entire Flat or House or Garden :)

2: Use a IRDA Stick,modify this for a greater Range and use the Pandora for Remoting all your Machines.....example DVD Player,TV,BLUE RAY Player,infrared Power Switches,DVB Devices like Technisat Digicorder and and and... Then you dont need any Remote Control more,the Pandora make all.

3: Put per Bluetooth your PS3 or XBox on and play with the Pandora own Nubs and Buttons. Then you dont charge or must search any other Joypad or Controller.

4: My Idea from a Pandobike :) Use the Pandora with Navit and GPS on Bike and you can per bluetooth thetering from your Phone hear ever Internet Radio and see the Way to your Goal.

5: Use the Linux Software ProjectX to Cut the Commercials from your DVB Box Recordings and stream they Where you need it per TV Cable or watch Tv in Bed ;)

6. Maybe someone build in a Pocket Beamer inside.....Beam me up Scotty

7. There are USB Diagnostic Sticks outside who mesaure the Temperatur,Humidity of the Air,per Laser Ranges and and and..... ...maybe someone Changes the Pandora into a Tricorder like Machine...... ......Its a art of Lifeform Jim :)

The Pandora is a Device who can in Theory all make what you want :)

For me, it was loading up Dosbox and playing Duke Nukem II perfectly emulated. Takes me back to the 90's... <3
For me, when I installed Debian (long time ago, - actually, the first thing that I did), and compiled my tools (pim, games,...).  No back, but jump to 2030!!

Linux and Debian in an handheld is fascinating. 

I hope that I will never break up the Pandora. Luckily the keys of the keyboard are big enough so that I can type on it !!

It is greatly valuable for business & management activities.

Back