The moment you realized just how freakin awesome the Pandora is...

AssButt

Still Fresh
For me, it was loading up Dosbox and playing Duke Nukem II perfectly emulated. Takes me back to the 90's... <3

^ Bit of a similar story.  I have my favorite games from that era.  Even more recent PC games work with a bit of tweaking.  Qemu, DosBox and sometimes GemRB.  I was following this great guide from BAFelton here --->  http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/10136-gemrb-how-to-install-bg-and-co-my-guide/?hl=bafelton  and now I've played BG1 & BG2 on the Pandora.  I also just got a custom tv-out cable, so I'm really excited to play it on a big screen as well.  How cool is thing?   B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Connecting to and debuging my arduino+GPS project over serial whilst standing in the middle of a field - and having 12 hours of battery life left over!

For me it was seeing PSX emulation running perfectly. The emulators for N900 (same SoC) ran slowly for years. The Pcsx I compiled for the 400mhz N810/N800 ran at 1-2 FPS.

For some reason for me it is when I first played Super Geometry Dust.

When I got my Samsung Galaxy Note II and found out I couldn't run Audacious on it - then realized that all of the MP3 players for Android are junk and adware - then realized how much better the Pandora audio system really is compared to the audio system in what is supposed to be really really good phone.

I knew the Pandora was good before then - but that's when I realized just how great it was.

^ Bit of a similar story.  I have my favorite games from that era.  Even more recent PC games work with a bit of tweaking.  Qemu, DosBox and sometimes GemRB.  I was following this great guide from BAFelton here --->  http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/10136-gemrb-how-to-install-bg-and-co-my-guide/?hl=bafelton  and now I've played BG1 & BG2 on the Pandora.  I also just got a custom tv-out cable, so I'm really excited to play it on a big screen as well.  How cool is thing?   B)
Really was ive tried to start BG1 but it is really unstable with lockups/crashes, how was it for you?

For me was when someone released LibreOffice as a pnd.
Ditto.

This was the point at which this became more than just a cool gaming device for me...and one with practical business application...including NoteCasePro and other really useful business tools.

And when I realized it could play awesome music...and movies...and pipe thru the TV...or thru car speakers...beautiful.

Nothing was better, though...than the day I was sitting in traffic, not moving, for a half hour...because of the Stroudsburg Marathon...and I finally got really annoyed, and decided to convey to everyone around just how annoyed I was.  I fired up PanMAME...and started playing Pac-Man, full-blast, through my car speakers, while sitting in traffic.

The traffic cops got the point pretty quick, and we were finally waved on.

Difficult to point out to a single moment, but for me... 

- awesome amiga emulation was clearly a great thing to see very soon after I got the machine.

- PCSX running perfectly - very happy about that. 

But I have to admit playing Doom with the right controls was A LOT of fun right from the start. 

The cool thing with the Pandora is that it never ceases to amaze. Drastic is one of these times where I have to say "wow" once again. Same with apkenv. 

The moment you realized just how freakin awesome the Pandora is...
... was as my last (Pandora) wish became true: "Dissidoa 012 Final Fantasy" playable on Pandora.

I finally got realy annoyed, and decided to convey to everyone arounf just how annoyed I was. I fired up PanMAME...and started playing Pac-Man, full-blast, through my car speakers, while sitting in traffic.
Lol! Excellent. I wish my car stereo had a line-in.

LOL, my car stereo does not have a line-in.  I do this the old-fashioned way...thru the cassette deck.

My stereo has CD and Cassette...a major rarity in car stereos these days.

To be honest, I do not even need the CD player.  I'd be happy with AM/FM, Cassette and nothing more, since I can use the Cassette as a line-in.  If it has no Cassette, then a line-in is a must!

But let me tell you what, there is NOTHING better than playing MAME games in surround sound!

XCom. I had it on Amiga many years ago (all 11 dsics!) and then on pc and PlayStation. But playing that game in the palm of my hands seemed to me exactly as it should be. Perfect.

When I first booted up into XFCE and put in the SD card that I copied everything months ahead of time even before anyone had a Pandora in hand, automagically populated the menu and desktop with icons and menu items.

When AGA emulation got added to Uae4all, up to then I was really happy with my Pandora as a mini Amiga, but this showed the extra power that the little beast had been holding back on!

Also, using Drastic and discovering that the mic actually worked for something!(think it was the first software I have used on the Pandora that it did something for). :)

Back