The Lottery and Gambling Thread

JDTAY

Half Pepperoni, All Cheese
Still no word on if anyone won the billion. It’s kinda strange, usually they would have this sorted out hours ago.

JDTAY

According to the Illinois lottery website, someone there won the jackpot. Mega Millions’ website still hasn’t been updated to reflect this yet.

pyrat

Hardcore Member
You're boooooooring (said Vyvyan from the Young Ones). But it looks you're not going to win this lottery. Congratulations !! (it now looks like it's over central or southern America, or the seas). But Indonesia and the Philippines would still have some tickets ?
Edit:I know a lot of people live in Singapore and Jakarta I hope far fewer live in between (likewise I hope fewer live between Quito and Sao Paulo/Coritiba than in those cties, but those cities have some tickets...) but of course I' hoping for the sea...

Last edited:

pyrat

Hardcore Member
No winners fortunately. It seems it splashed a little (70km? 100km?) south of Puerto Princesa (Philippines, not Port-au-Prince in Haiti). Between there and the Tubabataha Reefs Natural Park (119E, 9.1N). 300000 people, but they must live on the land not at sea, so hopefully all safe.

pyrat

Hardcore Member
Btw, It seems not only the Chinese like to set up lotteries, the USA had one earlier this month. Not the same kind. Just pieces like 3 meters/30kg falling on a paddock south of Canberra. In theory it was a controlled descent of the trunk of a Crew Dragon capsule, but the control was aiming at the sea, so some lottery must have been it too. Wasn't there a book that started by someone dying when the toilet of the International Space Station fell on his head ? ("No news from Gurb"? my memory fails me...).
Alright. I'll stop hickjacking your thread, @JDTAY .

JDTAY

Man, haven’t been here in a while. Had my first real day of scratch-off gambling since I won that ten grand. Walked in with $127, walked out with $150. That’s $23 in profit. And $4 of what I spent was on two draw games, so the profit could still climb higher, depending on how Friday and Saturday’s Mega Millions and Powerball drawings go.

JDTAY

I was looking through South Carolina’s scratch-offs on their website, and they only go up to ten dollars in cost. I don’t think I could live there. Today in North Carolina I played five $30 scratch-offs and won on three of them. Now that’s good gambling. I would’ve played more, but I always switch games when I win, and there were only three $30 games there. There are four in North Carolina right now, but their stock of Fabulous Fortune was gone. Sucks man, I totally feel like I could’ve won a fabulous fortune.