The Lottery and Gambling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no word on if anyone won the billion. It’s kinda strange, usually they would have this sorted out hours ago.

According to the Illinois lottery website, someone there won the jackpot. Mega Millions’ website still hasn’t been updated to reflect this yet.

You're boooooooring (said Vyvyan from the Young Ones). But it looks you're not going to win this lottery. Congratulations !! (it now looks like it's over central or southern America, or the seas). But Indonesia and the Philippines would still have some tickets ?
Edit:I know a lot of people live in Singapore and Jakarta I hope far fewer live in between (likewise I hope fewer live between Quito and Sao Paulo/Coritiba than in those cties, but those cities have some tickets...) but of course I' hoping for the sea...

Last edited:
No winners fortunately. It seems it splashed a little (70km? 100km?) south of Puerto Princesa (Philippines, not Port-au-Prince in Haiti). Between there and the Tubabataha Reefs Natural Park (119E, 9.1N). 300000 people, but they must live on the land not at sea, so hopefully all safe.

Btw, It seems not only the Chinese like to set up lotteries, the USA had one earlier this month. Not the same kind. Just pieces like 3 meters/30kg falling on a paddock south of Canberra. In theory it was a controlled descent of the trunk of a Crew Dragon capsule, but the control was aiming at the sea, so some lottery must have been it too. Wasn't there a book that started by someone dying when the toilet of the International Space Station fell on his head ? ("No news from Gurb"? my memory fails me...).
Alright. I'll stop hickjacking your thread, @JDTAY .

Man, haven’t been here in a while. Had my first real day of scratch-off gambling since I won that ten grand. Walked in with $127, walked out with $150. That’s $23 in profit. And $4 of what I spent was on two draw games, so the profit could still climb higher, depending on how Friday and Saturday’s Mega Millions and Powerball drawings go.

I was looking through South Carolina’s scratch-offs on their website, and they only go up to ten dollars in cost. I don’t think I could live there. Today in North Carolina I played five $30 scratch-offs and won on three of them. Now that’s good gambling. I would’ve played more, but I always switch games when I win, and there were only three $30 games there. There are four in North Carolina right now, but their stock of Fabulous Fortune was gone. Sucks man, I totally feel like I could’ve won a fabulous fortune.

Had a Mega Millions ticket for tonight. Didn’t match jack. I have a Powerball ticket for tomorrow though. Hope springs eternal.

Had my sister go out and buy me Mega Millions and Powerball tickets for yesterday and today while we were still at the beach. Mega Millions didn’t match jack again, but maybe this time my Powerball will hit.

I’m just wondering how I’m going to get Mega Millions and potentially Powerball tickets for the next drawing with my left foot still all jacked up. I remember when I could buy online with my old debit card. Oh well.

Hey, I was wondering, is there an EU lottery, or only individual country lotteries? It sucks that you EU guys don’t seem as enthusiastic about lotteries as us Americans.

Guys, I’m having a crisis. I think I might quit gambling. I know that sounds good to some of you, but for me it’s like losing a huge part of my personality. I’ve just lost my enthusiasm for it today, and I don’t know exactly why. Part of it is the odds, but they never bothered me before.

I did get tickets on Sunday for Powerball tonight and Mega Millions tomorrow, but after checking those, I feel like I may be done.

Personality does change as we age, and a big part of that is risk taking, in that younger people are much happier to take risks than older people are. Perhaps gambling fits as a risk taking activity.

Well, last night was indeed a crushing defeat, but I still went out and got tickets for tonight and Friday. Tonight’s Powerball jackpot is $420 milllion. Friday’s Mega Millions jackpot is $494 million.

Well, the bad news is I didn’t win Powerball last night, but the good news is no one else did either, so $454 million is still up for grabs. I’m debating about when to get my next Powerball ticket. I think I might wait until after Friday’s Mega Millions drawing, so that if someone wins that, I can go all in on Powerball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back