The Lottery and Gambling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was bored, so I went out in the dark and got Saturday’s Powerball ticket tonight. Spent the rest of my pocket money on scratchers, unsuccessfully. Now I won’t be able to get in on Monday or Tuesday’s drawings unless my Friday or Saturday ticket hits.

Meh, at least this isn’t bad for my health like my coffee or pizza addictions.
Yeah, sorry didn't mean to be harsh. I spend too much money when I'm feeling down, and on unnecessary things... My wife "how many ergonomic keyboards do you have now?” " erm... three." "do you use them all?", "um, yes!?"

In truth I already had a second one on long preorder (kickstarter, keyboard io, model 100), and got impatient and bought another (moonlander xsa). Told myself that I could "use one for work", even if I work from home.

In total I probably have about 10 keyboards.

Seven hours until I get my drawing fix. Of course, the real fix is when I buy the ticket; the drawing is usually a letdown. It is kinda fun to see the jackpot grow when you don’t win it, but it usually doesn’t grow until one in the morning.

California Man and Florida Man won the $494 million Mega Millions jackpot. Now I hear they’re gonna battle to the death to see who gets to keep all of it.

Nah. I actually resigned, was just curious how it makes you feel that’s all. It sounds like quite the habit you’ve gotten into

Of that ten thousand I won that my sister is holding onto, I still have five thousand, which is okay when you consider it was only seventy-one hundred after tax withholding. Hopefully I can hold onto it long enough to order a Pyra.

Let’s not forget you did order a Pyra and unfortunately cancelled due to personal circumstances and it was not helpful to EvilDragon because it was quite the ordeal. I feel it be considerably more helpful to you if you saved that money (inc saving money on not buying lottery tickets) for something to perhaps help you feel better as a person.

The Powerball jackpot is now at one and a half billion dollars, the third largest jackpot ever. Even Wally should be excited. Then again, he is Australian, but I hear there are back channels for foreigners to play the US lottery.

Powerball still hasn’t been drawn yet as of 4:30 in the morning. No word on what’s causing the delay. $1.9 billion is at stake. I have exactly one ticket, so not all in, surprisingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back