The Lost Pnd Thread

Due to streaks behavior i do recommend not to use and not to distribute them.

I recommend we forget StreaK altogether. He set himself up to be rejected by the community... setting aside the topic of his distribution methods (which I truly think were OK despite my personal distaste for them), his nonchalant disregard for a legitimate security/privacy concern really paints him as somewhat of a douchebag to me. Silliness is fine and all, but not when we're talking fundamental security issues like leaking usernames. A more mature response would have probably doused the flames, but of course StreaK not being capable of maturity is exactly why I say he set himself up. ED sounded like a senior developer talking to a junior developer, i.e. "There are better ways to do this."

Incidentally I believe it's what he wants. After all, he took all his work with him. It's a lot of work, but none of it vital to the Pandora so far as I can see. And no individual port or package that another developer could not accomplish with a decent amount of effort.

Last edited by a moderator:
notaz fixed a bug in the touchscreen driver in more recent firmwares.

MyPaint was USING this bug, that's why this happens now.

So MyPaint needs to be fixed.
Hm, that's a real shame. MyPaint is one of Pandora's "core" features for me, so I don't think I'll be switching to the new firmware until this issue is resolved.

I PM'd First about the problem a while ago, but I guess he's busy with other things.

I would just like to add this link to pcsx-ReArmed r7 :

notaz.gp2x.de/releases/pcsxr/pcsx_rearmed_r7.pnd

Thanks to Slow Rollin Low for finding it for me. It is currently the only way to play Legend of Mana perfectly and I'll bet a whole bunch of other games that are experiencing sound issues with the current revisions will have their issues solved with this PND.

I would recommend it be uploaded to the Repo as the archive only goes back to r9.

notaz fixed a bug in the touchscreen driver in more recent firmwares.

MyPaint was USING this bug, that's why this happens now.

So MyPaint needs to be fixed.
Hm, that's a real shame. MyPaint is one of Pandora's "core" features for me, so I don't think I'll be switching to the new firmware until this issue is resolved.

I PM'd First about the problem a while ago, but I guess he's busy with other things.
Just noticed the MyPaint change recently and am hoping for something too. I'd look into making the change myself if I knew more about what notaz "fixed" and how it(ts driver) acts differently than before.

EDIT:talking to notaz and doing some investigation work, I believe I've fixed the issue. Expect a pnd on the repo soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back