READ THIS FIRST - Latest Pandora Information

sebt3

homebrew player (P. & C.)
Website
sebt3.openpandora.org
@mods : feel free to edit this & stick it (I'm doing it as it have been requested)

Read this first (as it's more accurate than this...)
http://pandorawiki.org/FAQ

Then google site:gp32x.de <search>
and use the google Cache :)

Availability
Anyone who orders before midday (UK time) on Monay 6th October will receive a Pandora at the end of November (the first batch).

Request a port
Take a ride at the portability flowchart, if you don't end on a "yes" or maybe, then forget about it
Each request should at least contain at leats :
- Software name
- a link to the home page
- a link to the source code
- a link to the software licence that should allow fork
- a main developper contact

Basically every Windows™ commercial game/software is a NO-GO. (World of warcraft, Spore, Second Life, MS word etc)

Software

The OS will be : Linux.
The original distribution will be based on Ångström
The based menu will be based on the alternate GP2x menu : Gmenu2x
It is possible to start an other Linux distribution. Ubuntu for ARM have already run on the Pandora. But remember that it needs a lot of work.

Features (coming)
- play music
- play video (even on TV)
- browse the web (firefox)
- office suite (spreadsheet and word processor at least)
- PIM
- letter-based handwriting recognition

Emulation
See this thread for an up-to-date listing of emulators, the emulated, and their authors.

Hardware
See the Wiki for a complete list of what hardware the Pandora has inside.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: README first

This is a good idea to sticky (unfortunately we mods are mysteriously missing sticky permissions in just this board), but I'd recommend linking to a lot of information that is already in the wiki, so you don't have to keep that list updated with the latest.

Also, it'd be good to credit the folks who wrote some of those lists, just so we don't hurt their feelings. ;)

javaJake said:
This is a good idea to sticky (unfortunately we mods are mysteriously missing sticky permissions in just this board), but I'd recommend linking to a lot of information that is already in the wiki, so you don't have to keep that list updated with the latest.

Also, it'd be good to credit the folks who wrote some of those lists, just so we don't hurt their feelings. ;)

I know that the emulator list is from prophet that posted it while I was posting this. And Chip edited a lot this.
The rest have been taken from many place.
So the credit of this is all but mine. please claim :)

Sorry if that wasn't evident on the first read.

wait a second! I thought the processor was 600mhz, as it says on the front page.

It is shipping at 600mhz, but it can be over clocked into the 1ghz range, decreasing the battery life.

roflwaffles said:
It is shipping at 600mhz, but it can be over clocked into the 1ghz range, decreasing the battery life.

Yes, but above it says 500mhz. Does that mean that it's already overclocked by default?

PandoraNoHako said:
roflwaffles said:

Yes, but above it says 500mhz. Does that mean that it's already overclocked by default?
Last time I checked, it was downclocked to 500Mhz to save even more battery.

The system's default clock is 500 MHz. Emulators and applications can set their own clock speed up to 900 MHz, however. Underclocking should be unnecessary due to the power-saving features built into the OMAP SoC.

TrevorBradley said:
About to fall off the first page.. *bump*

Mods need sticky power!
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Everything in this readme was either in stickies or in the FAQ (which was linked to in a sticky) on the old forum. It was widely ignored there and it will be just as ignored here.

Chip said:
It was widely ignored there and it will be just as ignored here.

I think we can do better than this... especially if every post already answered in the README is answered with "as seen in the README <quote>".

you might want to update the emulator list with either a link to the topic we have or the colored version

Chip said:
TrevorBradley said:
About to fall off the first page.. *bump*

Mods need sticky power!
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Everything in this readme was either in stickies or in the FAQ (which was linked to in a sticky) on the old forum. It was widely ignored there and it will be just as ignored here.
Chip, you've become a cynic. :wink: Probably right though...

Now that I think about it, I could have just done it myself...

TaG said:
Spend several hours writing a FAQ and compiling a list of dev updates, then spend a couple hours per day answering questions that were answered in those resources, and see if you're not cynical. Do it for six months, and see if you're not ready to pull out your hair :D

Chip said:
TaG said:
Spend several hours writing a FAQ and compiling a list of dev updates, then spend a couple hours per day answering questions that were answered in those resources, and see if you're not cynical. Do it for six months, and see if you're not ready to pull out your hair :D

it was chip! He DoSed gp32x so he coul get a break from modding! :O

:D

Back