The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening REMAKE

So, I've never played Link's Awakening. I have, however, beaten the original Zelda gold-cartridge on the NES a few dozen times at least (and still have the full map including Second Quest as a poster on the wall of my garage), and I've beaten the strange Zelda II for the NES a couple of times (that game is HARD), and I've also beaten the masterpiece that is Zelda: A Link to the Past on SNES several dozen times as well.

All of this prompts me to ask... On the Youtube videos above, most of the gameplay looks like familiar Zelda, except for one spot that is side-scrolling, and has Link doing a flip and landing on the head of a Goomba straight out of Mario. What?? Is that for real? Link's Awakening has side-scrolling sections with Goombas??

@trix, I've never played it myself either, maybe it had elements like in Zelda 2?

On the Youtube videos above, most of the gameplay looks like familiar Zelda, except for one spot that is side-scrolling, and has Link doing a flip and landing on the head of a Goomba straight out of Mario. What?? Is that for real? Link's Awakening has side-scrolling sections with Goombas??
Yes, it does. Short tunnels of 2 screens or so, with a ladder at each end joining onto ladders on the main dungeon map.

The video SONY posted on the previous page shows someone filming the same scenes as in the trailer on an original GBC copy, including those side scrolling scenes and link landing on a 'goomba'.

To be fair, these "side scrolling" moments are short and sweet and actually complement the game very well IMO. I wouldn't compare it to Zelda II at all lol.

Also to be fair, such side scrolling through short underground tunnels were in the very first NES Zelda as well, they just dialed them up and made them more interesting.

So, I've never played Link's Awakening. I have, however, beaten the original Zelda gold-cartridge on the NES a few dozen times at least (and still have the full map including Second Quest as a poster on the wall of my garage), and I've beaten the strange Zelda II for the NES a couple of times (that game is HARD), and I've also beaten the masterpiece that is Zelda: A Link to the Past on SNES several dozen times as well.

All of this prompts me to ask... On the Youtube videos above, most of the gameplay looks like familiar Zelda, except for one spot that is side-scrolling, and has Link doing a flip and landing on the head of a Goomba straight out of Mario. What?? Is that for real? Link's Awakening has side-scrolling sections with Goombas??
Mario even plays a prominent role in this intentionally spoofy Zelda game.

Except his name is now Tarin, and he has no memory of the mushroom Kingdom. He does, however, still show his roots regarding mushrooms and racoon suits... Semi spoiler there.

Keep your eye out for Kirby, he also makes an appearance.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Hmm, I love the game, but I really dislike the new graphics.
Something like ALttP or the latest 3DS title (which was planned to be an ALttP Remake first) would suit it a lot better in my opinion.

To me the graphics looked very reminiscent of aLbW (the last 3DS title) just with added side-on 2d bits and a slightly derpy looking link.

Yeah, I personally thought the same, and I think they look rather good, and I can't say that for most "N" titles in this day and age. LOL

Chris

Yeah, I'm still waiting on the Mini/slim announcement, but it should be soon, as there was ZERO 3DS news, which means it's officially dead(at least where "N" is concerned). They have also greatly reduced their refurbished prices on the NoA online store for all 2DS/3DS devices, which tells me they are clearing out for the lead up to this holiday season. Which is the perfect time to offer a sub $200 NS, as that will bring in the lost revenue from the 3DS lineup no longer being offered.

Chris

b826edbb89564b0c82e3dfb1a1c72fd9_Original.jpg

GameBoy tin case edition

Looks like the eBay scalpers are already getting a jump on this, once again ruining the opportunity for true fans to get a fair chance at purchasing a copy. The same thing happened with BoTW Master Edition. I wish a pre-order could be placed directly from Nintendo to combat these issues.

Looks like the eBay scalpers are already getting a jump on this, once again ruining the opportunity for true fans to get a fair chance at purchasing a copy. The same thing happened with BoTW Master Edition. I wish a pre-order could be placed directly from Nintendo to combat these issues.

Sadly, the only reason shortages for stuff like this happens, is because "N" has no idea of gaging demand for almost anything. NoA isn't even offering this, so at least for the US, getting this isn't an option, as of course fans want it, but their not producing it. Now that the NS is region free, it means stuff like this will be even harder to come by, as now if the N Store in NY gets any, or if it's still EU only, that means more people will be aiming for it, which means even those in EU may not get a copy. I have never blame someone for providing an item after the fact if the developer can't be bothered to produce enough to meet demand. This isn't something new at "N", as having their products offered for inflated prices seems of little or no concern, as producing more would solve said issue, but then there would be no demand(real or manufactured), and they will never have that.

Chris

Back