The Legend Of Sword And Fairy(Sdlpal)

Rikku2000

Port of SDLPal for Caanoo

An SDL-based reimplemention of the classic Chinese-language RPG "The Legend of Sword and Fairy".

Info: [Edit]
I add an Language Select menu so you can Select English or Chinese this Menu
fix the Savegame Crash so now you can play Chinese Version and can leave the
INN after that you can Save and start with English version so the Savegame works
with Both Language. [Savegame can load but have some bugs, i have to fix this.]

Image:
sdlpal4_png_750x750_q85.jpg
sdlpal2_png_750x750_q85.jpg

Update: v1.2
- Language Select
- Better Button Config, Movement works now very GOOD!
- Fixed when Quit game.

Download:
SDLPal v1.2

There seems to be a confusing high number of PAL versions, with which of them does the game work? There is a DOS version, a Win98 version and a WinXP version.

You have to use DOS version (I think 95/98/New versions aren't supported).

@Rikku2000:
- Is mouse pointer (that you can move by touchscreen) useful for something ?

- What button have I to press to "Use" an item from inventory ? (e.g. wine for druken)

- When you use End option to quit, the game hangs. Doesn't it go back default menu ?

Yeah i know this exit problem. and you need the chinese version on first to leave the house by deunken guy.

Rikku2000 said:
Yeah i know this exit problem. and you need the chinese version on first to leave the house by deunken guy.

The update 1.1 download link does look like pointing to the old 1.0 download, the same file is downloaded or the exit bug is not fixed.

Thaaaanks for the port!

Aiken

Last edited by a moderator:
Rikku2000 said:

i think the savegames are not portable from one version to the other, so by now the only way is to play the full game in chinese?

Or can i apply the english patch after leaving the Inn?

Aiken

Last edited by a moderator:
When I load the game it just black screens. Were exactly do you put the dos game files?

EDIT
Ok, I got it working but when I play the game in Chinese and leave the inn and save, the save games won't load. I restart the game in English and load the save game it crashes and exits the game completely. What am I missing here, does someone have a compatible save game they can upload?

EDIT 2
I managed to get a save game to work but it's too buggy to be playable. I guess the only chance there is is if someone translates the DOS version. I read over at the PAL fan site that there are plans to do it at some point in the future, here's hoping!

Has anyone got this working? I have been trying for months and all I get is a black screen. I understand that its the DOS version I need but is this game rarer than rare? Would love to play this game, anyone any idea of where to locate a DOS version of the game? also this game seems to a a few names, probably due to translation???

only the chinese version work right english patch is for the win95 version.

for the DOS Version the english patch have much bugs and make it unplayable

Back