The "how Many Have Been Sold?" Thread

I'm hoping the full 3000 get pre-ordered. The more the merrier. Plus, since my order is in now, I no longer care if the rest sell out. :p

I was anticipating this for so long and setting aside my money, I knew it was going to go fast so I was determine not miss it. Apparrently some guy here gave me false information that preorder will take place at 9am eastern time causing me to stay up all morning refreshing my email, well thanks for killing my sleep time. Then I had a call from my bank as a fraudulant detection. My debit was charged so I guess I got through, so relieved now.

Wow, I haven't been able to get on to the forums since 2pm, and even now it's a crawl. I managed to get my pre-order in though, I hope everyone else did too!?. I noticed the pandoras showed up on gp2x.de first, maybe the 50 number referred to just ed's site? I would like to think they sold very well, going by the traffic on the forums and the various gp2x sites.....Go go :pandora1:

I wonder how many it's been so far? From the above posts it could be as low as 50, or as high as 250. But just maybe there might be another peak tomorrow, as all those who wanted to get the pandora today (but couldn't) try then?

And those outside these forums although there are many more looking at those sites (eg digg) it's a lot more uncertian. 10 people might express an intrest, but only 1 will stump up the readies.

I really do hope those 3000 sell!

ljones

cosurgi said:
I will want to change the shipping address. But this can wait, until the buying frenzy wears out, and pandora team will be less busy :)
it seems a lot of people have this problem. AFAIK, mine will be going to my grandma's house o_O I hope she's in when the Royal Mail dude dordles to her place. if she's not I probably won't get it in time for christmas. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Prophet said:
I'm hoping the full 3000 get pre-ordered. The more the merrier. Plus, since my order is in now, I no longer care if the rest sell out. :p
Noooooooo, I hope they don't sell out before I finally get some money in about a week

I only just set up bank transfers with Paypal, and so my account still has to be verified...It'll take another 3 to 5 days before the deposits paypal made for verification show up.

How many Pandoras are left?

I was sooooooo close to not ordering one, because of the problems with the site, it took me around 1 hour and 15 min to order one.

But finally got it at the end :)

i'm really hope that the first 3000 is going to be sold out and also more than that, it really important that ithis one is going to be a success.

ljones said:
A lot of those comments on digg seemed quite negative. :(
ljones
Thats more engadget's fault then anything. Most of the posts on engadget are, well, lack correct information, or detail info. And digg takes the info directly over from engadget...

See some of the other posts on engadget about the pandora, and you notice a negative attitude, with a lack of information around the project. So for many people it looks like "another" worthless Asian el-cheapo player.

Seen to many times how engadget editors but up info, hyping some product, but downright negative about others. Looks at the Apple product releases. Any person who dare's to say engadget is not a apple fanboy site ;)

Yet, the M8, a Asian iphone like clone ( but with better specs ) was greeted with every update with negativity, sceptically, and other down putting comments. Engadget is not exactly neutral...

Back