The Game Of Go

axiomprime

Still Fresh
I'm a big Go fan. I think everyone should be. It's an ancient Chinese board game with simple rules that have complex implications. It's also a pretty difficult thing to do an internet search for because the word "go" comes up quite a lot.

So, does anyone know a of a Go program with decent AI that isn't too tricky to get going on the Wiz? I'd settle for one with shoddy AI and no touch-screen support.

Mabye this will help...open up google and type in "chinese game of go download"

You may find something useful, mabye not!

Thanks for your help. I've done that, but my Wiz won't arrive until tomorrow at the earliest so I have no idea what will work.

axiomprime said:
I'm a big Go fan. I think everyone should be. It's an ancient Chinese board game with simple rules that have complex implications. It's also a pretty difficult thing to do an internet search for because the word "go" comes up quite a lot.

So, does anyone know a of a Go program with decent AI that isn't too tricky to get going on the Wiz? I'd settle for one with shoddy AI and no touch-screen support.

Here we go: http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/serendipity/index.php?/archives/398-Wiz-GO-GO-Game-for-the-Wiz-v1.1.0.html :)

Last edited by a moderator:
axiomprime said:
Thank you so very much. If I'm ever in Austria, I'll buy you a pint.

better give the pint to zx-81 as he is really doing lots of ports and probably deserves it more than i do ;)
-koj

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll click his donate button as soon as I've got it up and running. That's separate to your pint.

This is f**king awesome. Everyone should make room for this on their card. It's only a couple of meg.

Back