The Faces Behind The Pandora

darn sexy evildragon and craig( hey who got strawberry jam on my keyboard??) guess ill just have to snuggle with my pandora when i get it :p

EvilDragon said:
skeezix said:
I almost never post pics, but here you go -- Thundercats t-shirt and head stuck in the back of an arcade machine:

skeezocade-0802-203419.jpg

jeff

Heh - know what? I'm currently wearing the exact same T-Shirt right now :eek:

geeky high-five and miss moment coming...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just finished refurbing a manky Sega Naomi Sitdown cabinet, and I've got a Sega Blast City in bits in the garage awaiting the fitment of a new Jamma loom so I can get it to behave with my MVS board.

I've told my missus I'm planning to site the Blast once its tidied up, but I reckon she's suspicious of my true intent (getting it up stairs to my games room) since catching me on the stairs with a measuring tape the other day :p

Emulation really relaunched my love afair with arcade stuff. I went from begging my mum for another handful of old style 10p's to feed into classic cabinets in blackpool 20 years ago, to playing them again on an emulator, to lusting after the real "feel" of the equipment once again (like Jeff pointed out, its just not the same without a CRT and proper controls). Its definately addictave. Emulation on the likes of the Pandora gives me a great opertuniry to discover gems I never new existed, and set me on the path to tracking down the real titles :p

EvilDragon said:
skeezix said:
I almost never post pics, but here you go -- Thundercats t-shirt and head stuck in the back of an arcade machine:

skeezocade-0802-203419.jpg

jeff

Heh - know what? I'm currently wearing the exact same T-Shirt right now :eek:
I hope you washed it first!

Funny. I imagined Skeezix to have spiky red hair.

I recently installed a pc in my Taito Egret II cabinet along with a 6 jamma changer board so I can still play my good ol' Cave shmups. So many doujin shmups in there now...

skeezix said:
Separated at birth? ha!

I thought there were no known pics of Mike? :)

jeff
paddy could have seen him at the hall yesterday :p

Skeezix did you do the quake3 port ? could you help me set it up ,there's no read me with the pnd ,i have my q3 disc in hand.

Yep ,when i saw that pic i thought it was Michael fixing/tinkering with craig's ridge racer arcade unit.

pickle and cpasjuste did q3/ioq3

For my part I have a couple issues with them:

drop baseq3 into the appdata dir ("quake3" I think it is. If you also have "pickle.quake3" or something, thats a bug of mine I just squished that created an extra directory thats not used.)

ioq3 -- some walls are transparent
-- I use up/down on d-pad ot navigate menus, but you can use one of the nubs as 'mouse' to activate options as well

q3
-- I can't seem to use d-pad or nubs to get around, so I can't start it at all; works for pickle though :)

jeff

Baseq3 is too big to put on nand can i put it in /pandora/desktop along with the q3pnd on my sd card ? -scrub that i got it ,made adata on sd

cheers man

i can play it, it works quite well, but unfortunately that it has "quake3"-ed my nubs.

during quake3 the nubs work great. i frag and am fragged.

but now the rest of pandora #54 pretends to ignore the nubs.

quake3 did this! please sir, how to reset?

Use ED's nub configurator or echo {mouse,mbuttons,scroll} > /proc/pandora/nubX/mode

I hate this global nub setting thing, we had some discussions about this but that did not end with any better solution.

Are there three modes for the nubs? If so, it'd be nice to have an indicator for which one they're currently in ..

torpor said:
Are there three modes for the nubs? If so, it'd be nice to have an indicator for which one they're currently in ..
Yes. Just read the mode file (or did you mean some GUI indicator?)

Yeah I meant a GUI .. so just read the node file and set an icon .. Maybe its a quick toolbar hack .. would be useful to know for debugging purposes, so it can't hurt to have an icon on the taskbar for the job, eh?

IIRC there are unused leds on the right lightpipe, it would be even more useful when testing fullscreen apps.

I'm not posting a picture of me. I've just looked at a couple and I shocked myself. I don't look good on photos (actually, I don't look good at all!)

Back