The Faces Behind The Pandora

tantepose

Still Fresh
So, we've all seen pics of the dragon and the british, but how about all the other key-people in the Pandora-project?

How about rounding up pics of the whole team from various sources?

Im quite curious. And now that the webcam-thing didnt turn out, i DEMAND FACEPICS!11

The dream would be a soccer-like pic of the team in front of the british assembly-barn, with the dragon laying in a daring pose in front of the others.

But that aint gonna happen.

haha and then you would do zoom and enhance on some strange detail, and the conspiracy theorist will find the sign of the illuminati and say the world is doomed.

Why illuminati?

225px-Number_9_Man.png

9!

I almost never post pics, but here you go -- Thundercats t-shirt and head stuck in the back of an arcade machine:

skeezocade-0802-203419.jpg

jeff

I would give my left testicle for an arcade machine...

You might be better off just trying eBay, instead. I'm pretty sure most people there just want PayPal.

@skeezix - Nice pic. :p What machine are you working on, there?

Sugar_Kane said:
I would give Sugar_Kane's right testicle for a Thundercats t-shirt.
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
[off-topic] @WizardStan - http://search.80stees.com/?q=Thundercats&search=1 - How's that? :p [/off-topic]

@Alerino - This thread's for team member pics. :p

WizardStan said:
Sugar_Kane said:

I used to have 2 in my kitchen, one for neogeo and one for CPS2/3. They are certainly good conversation starters.

from the Photobucket help thread:
MonkeyChops said:
I noticed the Photobucket account didn't have very many pics of the team about a month ago, so I started searching and downloading any I could find so they could be added. The original links where I found them are long gone now so I'll just upload them to imageshack. I know I've seen better res versions of some of these pics so if you know where to find them please post them :D

Craig Rothwell

http://img249.images...aigrothwell.jpg
http://img52.imagesh...thwelllarge.jpg
http://img100.images...igcraigixro.jpg
http://img714.images...62/craigix1.jpg
craigrothwell.jpg

craigrothwelllarge.jpg

thumbteamcraigcraigixro.jpg

craigix1.jpg

Michael Mrozek

http://img686.images...chaelmrozek.jpg
http://img98.imagesh...80/23990228.jpg
http://img684.images...haelmrozek2.jpg
michaelmrozek.jpg

23990228.jpg

michaelmrozek2.jpg

Fatih Kilic

http://img59.imagesh...ihmfkkilic1.jpg
teamfatihmfkkilic1.jpg

Michael Weston

?????????????
:ph34r:

That's as far as I got. I know some are just thumbs and I planned on trying to find the real pics but hey, I start all sorts of little projects that I never finish.

WizardStan said:
Nuron_V said:
WizardStan said:
Sugar_Kane said:

I used to have 2 in my kitchen
Testicles? :blink:

I have at least two in the kitchen when I am in there sometimes more when people are over.

Prometheus --

Thats actually a mostly custom built cocktail; ie: notice that the monitor is flopped up so I can work on it, and then plop the monitor back down, and flip the bezel/machine-top back over and lock it down.

(I've got far far too much arcade gear in my basement ;) I have been collecting for .. on and off for like 15+ years. Like any collection, things go through periods of 'being old' (cheap), then 'being classic' and 'hey, this beay hing is new' (things go expensive) to being 'old, and the real collectors got what they want now' (thigns go cheap again.) So ebay is one way to get arcade gear cheap (shipping can be hell), but I still prefer the old 'hey, theres a machine in the back corner, lets check the ownership sticker, give them a call, and see if they have a barn full of junk 20 miles out in the boons, that they'll unload cheap' :)

I was one of the first arcade emu authors, and been writing emus for way too long; the irony is .. I do love me my emus, but I prefer the real thing; the feel of real 'leaf sticks' for old school shooters, the real digital switches for more redcent games.. thats how the games wer design; big fuzzy beat to hell monitors with clicky or squishy sticks.

(And yes, I also built a supergun for hooking arcade pcbs up to a TV and using real arcade sticks/etc, and yes, I also hook up emus to the TV and such, since they'r ehell of a lot easier to hook up and don't eletrocute anyone :)

(And yes, I also built a multi-pcb switcheroo, so I can fire up arcade games in one of my cabinets, or hit a button and flip it over to a PC and run Retorcade and MAME as well; but real arcade pcb on real arcade harsware is the shit baby!)

jeff

I'm surprised no one has commented about my not-so-hidden easter egg in the Panda yet.

BTW -- arcade machiens are big; dragigng them around is a PITA. If you have a nearby 'coip op' auction (usually for bars to clear out unwanted stuff, or after they go out of business;l billiard tables, arcade machines, jukeboxes, etc) -- got on the hottest day in midsummer; a sweaty warehouse full of guys who run 'routes' (professionals, guys who run bars etc).. they're only looking to either unload (good for us) or buy choce money makers (who cares about Golden Tee as a collector?) .. so the other guys there are a few collectors, but mostly guys who look at things as a business. And on the _hottest_ stickest awful day to be standing in a warehouse, after the first hjour or two, all the real guys have stpped paying attention or left. And you know what that means? The prices go down (meaning the best machines are auctioned first, so you have to fight for those.) But at the end, it is not at all uncommon in busier areas to get machines for $50 or free -- not the best condition, but when you're talking 10-20 year old gear thats been beat to hell inbars, what cna you expect? So for peopel wh owant ot start collecting, you can get started dirt cheap. But its a drug, you buy one machine.. then a month later, you realize you've got 5 machines on order from all around the globe ;)

jeff

skeezix said:
Prometheus --

Thats actually a mostly custom built cocktail; ie: notice that the monitor is flopped up so I can work on it, and then plop the monitor back down, and flip the bezel/machine-top back over and lock it down.
Oh, sweet. :D I've never had a custom-built machine - I just have a 2-player Electrocoin "Xenon" cabinet, which has a setup where you can rotate the monitor for vertical games, though I've never dared to touch it (and haven't needed to :p ). I'm probably going to downsize to a Supergun at some point, though, because that thing is gigantic and incredibly loud.

(I've got far far too much arcade gear in my basement ;) I have been collecting for .. on and off for like 15+ years. Like any collection, things go through periods of 'being old' (cheap), then 'being classic' and 'hey, this beay hing is new' (things go expensive) to being 'old, and the real collectors got what they want now' (thigns go cheap again.) So ebay is one way to get arcade gear cheap (shipping can be hell), but I still prefer the old 'hey, theres a machine in the back corner, lets check the ownership sticker, give them a call, and see if they have a barn full of junk 20 miles out in the boons, that they'll unload cheap' :)
If only I could make finds like that. :lol: I did finally get hold of the one board I was looking for, last week, though. Pleased as punch. :D

(And yes, I also built a supergun for hooking arcade pcbs up to a TV and using real arcade sticks/etc, and yes, I also hook up emus to the TV and such, since they'r ehell of a lot easier to hook up and don't eletrocute anyone :)
How much did the Supergun cost you to build? (I'm just curious. I'd try it myself, but I completely lack the ability to solder and whatnot.)

I'm surprised no one has commented about my not-so-hidden easter egg in the Panda yet.
:blink:

skeezix said:
I almost never post pics, but here you go -- Thundercats t-shirt and head stuck in the back of an arcade machine:

jeff

Heh - know what? I'm currently wearing the exact same T-Shirt right now :eek:

Last edited:
I can second the PITA of arcade machines 8) ive built 2 now a fully custom upright mame machine and a converted old pacman cocktail i got from a bowling ally that was all gutted large heavey space mongers that tend to chew up alot of time and drop your wifey approval factor if your not careful :> Im currently trying to restore a old skeeball but for the life a me i cant get the old electro mechanical ball kicker under the playfeild to work and short of sneaking into a defunct chucky cheese ran out of options (happs wants an insane amount for a replacement.

side note ohh arcade related easter egg? now im curious ? too bad im at the tail end of the first 1000 :>

Mmal

skeezix said:

jeff
Oh, no. Sorry about the confusion, but we were asking for a photo of you, not from Matt Parkman.

Back