The Empire Strikes Back On Gpmame 1.3

RatchetMan

Still Fresh
Has anyone managed to get this to work correctly? The game starts for me but then it just freezes as soon as I start playing the first level. :(

RatchetMan posted on Jul 22 2005 at 09:27 AM said:
Has anyone managed to get this to work correctly? The game starts for me but then it just freezes as soon as I start playing the first level. :(

I was quite excited too when the game loaded up, I've never even heard of this game before, but unfortunately it's the same for me, maybe it's a bad ROM :(

Does this work on the msdos 0.34 version of Mame? Or any other version?

If it doesn't work in msdos 0.34, but does work in a later version, then maybe I could fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
In theory it should work - it was based on the same hardware as Star Wars. It was never a dedicated machine in it's own right - it was an upgrade for Star Wars, as far as I remember...

Good news, good news.

I found a site that has all the old versions of Mame32 (which makes using Mame on Windows a real breeze).

Get your old versions here:
http://mame.joymonkey.com/mame32/

I tried version 0.34 and it even warns you that "There are problems with this game". Pretty cool.

But 0.35 seems to work reasonably well. I'll have a look at the differences between the 2 versions when I get some free time.

thegrimreaper posted on Jul 22 2005 at 01:12 PM said:
Good news, good news.

I found a site that has all the old versions of Mame32 (which makes using Mame on Windows a real breeze).

Get your old versions here:
http://mame.joymonkey.com/mame32/

I tried version 0.34 and it even warns you that "There are problems with this game". Pretty cool.

But 0.35 seems to work reasonably well. I'll have a look at the differences between the 2 versions when I get some free time.

Many thanks grimreaper, you are the mann :D

Gruntfuggly posted on Jul 22 2005 at 12:48 PM said:
In theory it should work - it was based on the same hardware as Star Wars. It was never a dedicated machine in it's own right - it was an upgrade for Star Wars, as far as I remember...

IIRC Empire didn't work on PC MAME when Star Wars did way back when. I remember arguing the same reasoning myself!

Back