DOOM

Bonks

Have some serious problems with the doom port, just wondering if its just me.

When you save a game, then play on and load that save, its fine

When you save a game, turn off the console, back on, load up Doom, the bloody thing DOES NOT load your save games :( Id heard some roumers that this happens on later levels sometimes, but i tried it on level 1, ran some, saved, ran some, loaded... fine, rebooted, loaded save, crash :(

3 different crashes usually occur, 1) just freezes, 2) get an error message, 3) screen starts shaking a little

Am i the only one getting this? has anyone actually played it for any length of time?

Yep, iv'e never got it to reload after shut down :( I think craig knows about it, so I guess a fix will soon be with us.

using just Doom 1 just now, gonna try doom 2 and see if its the wad or what, wanted to play through them in order but so long as craig knows thats cool :)

I use doom1.wad, but aren't they all called that?

Hiya,

I've been away for a few days, i'll have a look at it, the bug is something to do with the gamepark file lib it seems. Try the older version (v4).

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Yes the saves are quite unstable.
I succeed having them working, on doom1&2. But, suddenly they don't work anymore.
Now i can't load any of my old saved game.
it freeze the screen.

i told craigX about that sometime ago.

He knew about the pb and he's trying to fix it.

I still want Doom to run at 30-60 frames per second instead of the 10-15 that it does right now.

I'm using Ultimate Doom, which has the same problem...
Specifically, a BSOD when you try to load *after* demo starts, and a screen-wobbly crash if you load *before*. I have yet to rey loading in game - it strikes me that that might be worth a go, as loading after you died = loading in game, which works before you turn your GP32 off - could just be loading from the title page (something to try :) )

Back