The DragonBox Pyra is Nearing Completion

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
It's mostly a rehash from what ED shared in his recent video post, but you can see screen captures and some additional information from the twitter feed in this article. Hopefully it shall be a little more complete in case you missed some pieces of information:

Continue Reading -->

promopyra.png

Last edited by a moderator:
that is a very short one paragraph article
Do you mean concise, efficient, leaving you craving for more information. Or do you mean that it does not cover all you already have read?

Small correction possibly; if I remember the video properly, you insert the nubs at the same time as the d-pad/buttons.  You only need to 'spin' them to get them to align with the magnets on the PCB once that is in place.

Also, I wonder what that small cutout on the top right of the battery compartment is - I'd not noticed it in the video, but the still frame shows it clearly.  It looks like it exposes part of the CPU board.  I wonder if this is for debugging still, or there's some other reason for it?

Do you mean the Part on side of the Contacts?? Thats the Simcard/Micro SD Card Slot..

Or something diverent??

ED just postet in Twitter, that the missed part for the CPU Board arrived: the Power Manager Ship for the Omap, when the Layoating is down, they can build the first working Pyra Prototyph whitout the Need of the Defboard

Source i the Twitter Acount of EvilDragon

Something different I mean.  The hole for the SIM card/uSD slot is on the left of the compartment, as you hold the Pyra upside down.  This hole is on the top, to the right, and much smaller.  Just curious as to what it's for.

That's very cool news.  I'm not sure it would boot in a visibly useful way before they've got the rotation chip down pat, but that seems to be progressing now, so soon we could see the Pyra booting under its own steam.  Well, from a power supply - I don't think they've got battery samples yet?

Something different I mean.  The hole for the SIM card/uSD slot is on the left of the compartment, as you hold the Pyra upside down.  This hole is on the top, to the right, and much smaller.  Just curious as to what it's for.

That's very cool news.  I'm not sure it would boot in a visibly useful way before they've got the rotation chip down pat, but that seems to be progressing now, so soon we could see the Pyra booting under its own steam.  Well, from a power supply - I don't think they've got battery samples yet?
Yeah Looks like a pin header or something.  Just don't see anything that corresponds on the PCB.

Yeah Looks like a pin header or something.  Just don't see anything that corresponds on the PCB.
Looks like it exposes two of the contacts on one of the 4 small squares on the back of the CPU PCB.

- Neelix

Maybe a DIP-Switch ?I (think) I remember ED or *the user formerly known as Gta04* throwing ideas around about having DIP-Switches for

- cutting off the power for the mobile chip

- switching between eMMC and MicroSD-Card

Maybe a DIP-Switch ?
I (think) I remember ED or *the user formerly known as Gta04* throwing ideas around about having DIP-Switches for

- cutting off the power for the mobile chip

- switching between eMMC and MicroSD-Card
ED has already stated that it would be possible to switch between eMMC and MicroSD on boot, so the latter seems unlikely.

- Neelix

So, the monthly software news are officially dead?

while the project is getting forward, it's far from completion.
While to some extend I agree that when the Hardware is ready, then the software has still a long road ahead; and by saying it is nearing completion, unnecessary pressure is put on developers, like yourself...

It does generate new interest from outside the community. An injection of new people, enthusiasts,  is what we also need here. And Ekianjo is doing a nice job of creating a bite-size news page.

But yeah, as a sideliner that doesn't return much to the community, I understand the hard work the worker ants do.

Back