Release The Devil

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here, you can find The Devil, a great little shooter game, using dual analog controls.

This is a beta port, using the still experimental port of Allegro5.1

It works, but the game is 640x480, so right side (160 pixels wide) of the screen isn't use.

Also, the mouse can be seen when move. It doesn't want to hide.

Note that the NUBS are set to Analog on start (and restored at exit), so you have to use Touchscreen (or a real Mouse) to navigates in the (small) menus.

The default controls are set to DPad to Move and ABXY to shot, but you can choose "Dual Analog". You than have to Configure the setting with the nubs.

Also, search on Youtube, you'll find a nice video by mcobit of the game, if you want to see how it look in movement.

Here a few screenshots from Build 03

130502-193830.png130502-193953.png130502-194056.png

History log

=========

Build 03
----------

• Default is really now on Dual Analog
  • New "Autodetect" option.

Build 02

----------

• Default to Dual Analog
  • Option to have anamorphic fullscreen or centered with black bars.
  • Bigger font
  • You can use Up/Down (Left Nub in DualAnalog) to choose menu, validate with enter
  • in synch with new version 1.2
  • Thanks to Todd, the author, for the many adjustement to code the fit the Pandora !

Build 01

-----------

• Initial release.

Nice shooting.

Note: The game include a Leaderboard, but it's not C4A.

Last edited by a moderator:
New build on the repo. Thanks to Todd, the auhor, for this fine tuned build for the Open Pandora !

Build 02

----------

• Default to Dual Analog
  • Option to have anamorphic fullscreen or centered with black bars.
  • Bigger font
  • You can use Up/Down (Left Nub in DualAnalog) to choose menu, validate with enter
  • in synch with new version 1.2
  • Thanks to Todd, the author, for the many adjustement to code the fit the Pandora !

Quite nice game. I find the Robotron style shooting very fun (been waiting for such a game for some time) and the secondary goal of picking up the blue dots makes for a challenging "distraction".

Much better than before = bigger. My eyes don't hurt now  B) .

Thanks.

Last edited:
like it..but i cannot get the dual analog controls working :(
Go into Settings and change the controls to dual analog. Use your stylus for this.

I then had to (re)calibrate the controls before the nubs started working. From then on you can use the nubs in the menu.

New updated build on the repo, with real Default to Dual Analog (wasn't here on previous build) and a new Autodetect control code.

Build 03
----------

• Default is really now on Dual Analog
  • New "Autodetect" options
  • Thanks again to Todd, the author, for even more adjustement on the code the fit the Pandora !

Back