The Day After Flashing...

capricorn

Still Fresh
I'm seriously considering of flashing my Gp32, but still have sme little doubts.

1) after flashing, will the asic prgram that permits me to transfer files still work? or will i need a card reader to put files on the gp 32?

2) If i wanted to use two separate smart cards, after flashing, should I have the same file browser in oth? or could it e different?

Any answers?

:)

1, i have no idea what your talking about, sorry.

2, you will still have the same browser, the firmware is saved on the gp32 itself...

if you are really sure(i mean really) then you should flash it, but make sure you make all the precautions eg. brand new batteries. iv flashed like 3 times and im still all good, but maybe it was just luck, so think about it, hard, i didnt know before i flashed that it could actualy harm you gp32 but now im abit scared to do it again, but im happy with the firmware iv got now anyway....

I'm seriously considering of flashing my Gp32, but still have sme little doubts.

1) after flashing, will the asic prgram that permits me to transfer files still work? or will i need a card reader to put files on the gp 32?

2) If i wanted to use two separate smart cards, after flashing, should I have the same file browser in oth? or could it e different?

Any answers?

Yes you can still use gpmanager or whatever to transfer files and yes you'd have the same file browser on both.

Last edited by a moderator:

Any answers?

Yes you can still use gpmanager or whatever to transfer files and yes you'd have the same file browser on both.

What are you planning on flashing to?

Or you can use Slubman FW with Phodrive, which makes the GP32 a removable drive on most computers. The transferring speed is a lot better, too.

Warning

be careful you get the right type of firmware for your GP32 either standard or BLU+

also get the DumpFW file to backup your original firmware first and copy that to your PC and another SMC

then copy the FW.FXE to the SMC with your backed up Firmware then if you get the wrong Firmware you may be able to start the FW.FXE to put back your dumped firmware

I now use Slubmans Firmware with Phodrive but initially I ended up with a firmware that was for standard BLU not BLU+ and I could not connect to my PC so I swapped to the SMC with my backup and restored that - then I was able to copy down Slubmans correct Firmware and I have never looked back...

Tarka

Warning

be careful you get the right type of firmware for your GP32 either standard or BLU+

No wait, now it is getting confused. it is different if I flash a BLU or another one? I thought they differed from the original one only for the backlight.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Warning

No wait, now it is getting confused. it is different if I flash a BLU or another one? I thought they differed from the original one only for the backlight.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
there is a "special" version of the blu, all the newer blu units give weird lines with the normal version of the firmware, thats why u need to get the special so called blu+ version.

God, yer gonna make the guy confused.

Two versions of the BLU (back-lit unit) are available.

The original had a Samsung screen, this is generally called the BLU
The later version has the Taiwanese screen, and has it's own firmware. This is referred to as BLU + (Back-lit Unit plus)

There's threads in the forum that tell how to identify which you have... Just search.

Back