Can't Run Pnd's After Flashing

Right guys! At about 9pm last night I decided to use a different (empty) SD card a start again, it worked! I was knackered by then and only tested a few things. Problem again though, I assumed games which didn't work on the gp2x would now work on this easily. I tried Speedball, which worked through the menu's, when you get to the game screen before kick off, it crashed, the same as the gp2x. Also tried State of the art demo, doesn't work. What are the best settings? I overclocked gp2x to 275....I shouldn't have to though should I? Couldn't work out how to use controls on ST emu....used to be quite easy on outcast so I couldn't get past the initial loading screen on Jimmy Whites....I'll keep on fiddling until I figure it out but any quick pointers would be nice!

UAE4ALL for now is a recompilation of the GP2X-Port, so there is no bugfix or anything else done yet.
It runs faster, but if a game crashes on the GP2X, it crashes on UAE4ALL, too.

You can play Speedball 2, btw. Did that quite a few times - and it's better than Speedball, too :)

the loss of packets is mainly the browser ,the download manager can just stop halfway through ,or download fully with a corupt file at the end ,i wouldn't think it's the wifi chip it's self ,the browsers are not perfect but very good for browsing.

paddy said:
the loss of packets is mainly the browser ,the download manager can just stop halfway through ,or download fully with a corupt file at the end ,i wouldn't think it's the wifi chip it's self ,the browsers are not perfect but very good for browsing.

I Downloaded all my apps on the Pandora and haven't had any that didn't work mate, I also downloaded a few N64 titles and no problems here.

I am using Arora.

Oh yeah, I had to go into prefs and change the default download location to ask me when downloading a file, otherwise it errored because it was defaulted to a invalid or read only DIR

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep man i had to do that as well ,changing the default download location ,arora has mega speed issues with me when downloading files ,very slow and downloads suddenly stop or finish but are corrupt ,midori doesn't have speed issues wirh downloading but seems to crash all the time ,especialy if i try to download a file so i don't use it ,arora is pretty good tho ,browsing on it is infact great.

paddy said:
Yep man i had to do that as well ,changing the default download location ,arora has mega speed issues with me when downloading files ,very slow and downloads suddenly stop or finish but are corrupt ,midori doesn't have speed issues wirh downloading but seems to crash all the time ,especialy if i try to download a file so i don't use it ,arora is pretty good tho ,browsing on it is infact great.

Tried Fennec? :)

Last edited:
How fast is your SD card? Try downloading a file into the nand (delete afterwards) for comparison, maybe your card has some write issues!?

EvilDragon said:
paddy said:

Tried Fennec? :)

I'm looking forward to that. Btw, when are we going to be getting a version that doesn't write to NAND? o_ô (Not pressuring you, just curious about when we will be getting one)

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
God Ginrai said:
I'm looking forward to that. Btw, when are we going to be getting a version that doesn't write to NAND? o_ô (Not pressuring you, just curious about when we will be getting one)

Probably when I'm home and find more time for that.

Last edited:
Back