The Crucible!

Shifty said:
Heres how mine turned out:

Click on it for full size.

That's some dusty 2X :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you'll find if you took a high res photo of your GP2x with flash on, that'd be how it'd turn out too.

Nova said:
Here's an idea Telco.

Why not do this for people and charge for the price of lego + manhours, etc.
$42 including shipping for legos, $45 plus shipping for bob plus manhours plus shipping to you. It'd end up being like $100+.

Jackd said:
Nova said:
Here's an idea Telco.

Why not do this for people and charge for the price of lego + manhours, etc.
$42 including shipping for legos, $45 plus shipping for bob plus manhours plus shipping to you. It'd end up being like $100+.

Then post the plans! This is FREAKIN' SWEET

:)

Here's a few pictures of the final assembly:

The Base

dsc00711db4.jpg

The Base, with the BOB securely in place

dsc00712xy4.jpg

Securing the BOB with notched corner bricks

dsc00713hv1.jpg

Closeup on the notched corner brick set in place

dsc00715jm5.jpg

BOB secured with 4 notched bricks

dsc00716kt4.jpg

Base top

dsc00717lz6.jpg

Base top, bottom view

dsc00718uj4.jpg

Base, assembled

dsc00719px6.jpg

Docking section

dsc00720kn7.jpg

Docking section, bottom view

dsc00721jm8.jpg

Final assembly

dsc00722gh4.jpg

dsc00723bz9.jpg

Well, there ya go! I meandered a bit from my design, making the base fit the BOB better. Happy accidents and all ;) It's nice and secure, and I can see the power and USB leds when they're on.

Also: GneoGeo works very nicely with a USB joystick; Metal Slug X was a treat to play :D

Thanks,Those pics will come in handy when I Re-do the thing.(Which I'm intending to do soon)

About Gngeo and usb joysticks... Did you use the one thats in the archive or the develpor's one or whatever?

Shifty said:
Thanks,Those pics will come in handy when I Re-do the thing.(Which I'm intending to do soon)

About Gngeo and usb joysticks... Did you use the one thats in the archive or the develpor's one or whatever?
Here's Pepone's stealth post :lol:

Its only 1-player ATM, and no way that I know of to re-configure the buttons, but Metal Slug X worked just fine 'out of the box'

TelcoLou said:
Shifty said:

Its only 1-player ATM, and no way that I know of to re-configure the buttons, but Metal Slug X worked just fine 'out of the box'

And what joystick did you use? That Logitech Wingman one? If so then I'm gettin' it! :D

Shifty said:
TelcoLou said:
Shifty said:

And what joystick did you use? That Logitech Wingman one? If so then I'm gettin' it! :D

I used a very old, very crappy Logitech Wingman ... BUT:

We just ordered 2 of these

... free shipping for orders over $24 too, so just get a cheapo SD card reader or something along with it to get the free shipping ...

And aren't you like ... 13 or so? Where are you getting the $$ for all these geek toys, eh?

daclassicgamingmaster said:
TelcoLou said:
And aren't you like ... 13 or so? Where are you getting the $$ for all these geek toys, eh?
Cocaine? You can never know with urban youths....

No no, it's all about 'strawberry quick' these days ... ;)

TelcoLou said:
We just ordered 2 of these

... free shipping for orders over $24 too, so just get a cheapo SD card reader or something along with it to get the free shipping ...

Very nice! I think I'll be ordering one of those soon! :)

TelcoLou said:
Birthday money of course!
laughqc4.gif

With the problems with the cradle, this looks like a better solution.

The only problem is the developer version of the BOB doesn't seem to be available any more :(

Wasn't the developer board £30? They are selling it for less, not more...

EDIT: Ah, I see what you mean. It's $5 more than the cradle.

Back