The Crucible!

T

TelcoLou

thecrucibaladfy2.jpg

... and here's the Lego Digital Designer file, of which my final model is based upon.

Good job, Telcolou! Mine didn't turn out too great since the cord was so thick but this just gave me an idea - I will make it taller! :D How mine's built right now is too short and the cord sticks too far up.

Thanks ... the LDD software is terrible, so I fucked up with the dimensions for the base on the original design .. I also had to notch out the corner bricks that sit directly on the board, not by much, maybe 1/4" ... It sits in there perfectly now.

... just need to glue everything together to make it permanent :D

Holy crap.

This is turning into a competition. Who can make the biggest (and therefore bestest!) docking station.

Mark my words; someone's gonna shove the dev BOB in a filing cabinet for extra support :p

Nice job though, seriously. Any official pics? Take lots!

I'll upload some more pics tomorrow, to show more detail in the construction.

My Wife made this flyer for me ... 'aint she sweet? ;)

Faraz Parsa said:
Funny thing is, The Crucible is the name of the new play at the Theatre Dome Downtown.
How is that funny? It's not new, it's an old play by Authur Miller. It also refers to an area where metal collects ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand why the normal GP2X PSU won't power the official cradle too.
Surely it's the same thing as the dev board, just in a fancy case?

I must say, I thought this was going to be a post about a prospective game regarding Arthur Miller's play lol. Looks cool, though, Telcolou. If I'd bought a devbob, I'd definitely be taking my lego down very shortly to make one. Possibly along your design or possibly something slightly different, but definitely lego would be the way to go :).

Congratulations!

Good job good job! Impressive! looks really neat. Can you slot a HDD into that middle space above the board?

*puts the trout away*

I will spare you this time.

*gives signal to norm to cancel his attack with his trouts*

I didn't read this the first time I spotted the post since I didn't have any clue what the crucible signified... but I'm glad my curiosity perked up since Lego mods are most welcome :D
Well done. I also second the idea of inetgrating space for a HDD in the Lego assembly.

this makes me wanna have a dev bob too, just so I can Lego this marvelous cradle. :p is there a howto thread about making a bob somewhere?

PS: @TS > tell your wife she did an excellent job. it looks very professional indeed

Many thanks for the kind replies folks :) We had a fun time making it .. I'll post some basic pics of the assembly when I get the chance to glue it all together.

@Shifty; Nice job! :)

I'll need to re-upload the LDD file and reference pics again; and note: the base was re-designed to fit the board better.

Also: We had a test run with PicoDrive with everything connected up, running off the HDD .. well worth the effort I must say ;)

DBH said:
*gives signal to norm to cancel his attack with his trouts*
*puts trouts away*

indeed he shall be spared

both of these look awsome i want one - i may have to crack the casing off my commercial bob when it arrives just i can do this lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's an idea Telco.

Why not do this for people and charge for the price of lego + manhours, etc.

Back