The Big Video Game Own Challenge Thread

My Progress so far:
- Applied the DX Patch for Super Mario Land 3 (Wario Land), wasnt that difficult, so i have now all of the Games in Color which is awesome ..
I played the first World in Super Mario Land 2 (Treezone), and beatet the first Miniboss and got the first coin, now 5 coins to go..
Its quite usefull whit the Pyra GBC Emu and its Savestate Buttons, whit 3 you save, whit 4 you load and whit 5, you change the Savestate Slot..
I wonder if i can beat the Game but at least i decide to continue now the Challenge as i played too many Steamdeck and need something different..

Just restart my Challenge to have it the most awesome way: Analogue Pocket in DMG Filter Mode..
worked quite good for the first Game
Super Mario Land,
I had startet whit 91 % Batterie and finished whit 82 %
The last Boss Tatanga was beat whitout loosing continues, I only failed a bit bevor , but I don’t count continues
81e49806bfc6dc7f598aa9bd6765df9f.jpg

a118481ae79a4ad412c022ab702c6fe1.jpg

c3fdeaa843e6fbb7ffde67196c65dfb7.jpg

4c840033a133bbc1d21369e4ce4e8aed.jpg

I just finished Mario Land 2 on the Deluxe Gameboy Analogue Pocket, was a bit different to SML1, more like the Mario you know from the NES, but whit cool Levels..
if I had get this Game back then instead of the Alien Game I ditnt know the frenshise back then I think this would be my fafered Gameboy Game and I would not have a washed out cover used Cardridge but my own that would look that good as the SML1 Cardridge..
I used the Savestate Feature of the Analogue Pocket but this was only to save a few continues , it ditnt feel that divicult allthought it had some mean levels at the end ^^
Now Wario is beat and the next Game is the Wario Land, Super Mario Land 3

3e720b4d12986eb73547497f5be80d40.jpg

94a28f637c529106916a4d6f93da4276.jpg

I use the DX Version over Everdrive GB, but I also have the Original Cardidges..

Had to cancel Wario Land cause i ditnt know how to finish the second level , never played the game bevor ..
but its not canceled forever, just for this Projekt ..
so I’m now at Super Mario Bros Deluxe on GBC, but I decide to play it also on Everdrive to prevent me getting stuck because a fault Save Batterie ..
I’m now in World 5 - 1, I ditnt use the warp pipes , only the Savestates on Analogue Pocket..
a8caf7479c637f32569e819e5a7ad323.jpg

efc747f34ae9a06bc1d0faac81e791c1.jpg

Reactions: rSl
Even if I cancel Wario Land, I managed to beat Mario Bros Deluxe Today, there where a few anoying Levels but whit the Savestate Feature of the Analogue Pocket, it was finally possible,
Who thought it’s a good idea to put an Underwater Level in the Endboss Bowser Castle?
The only Mario Game where this was fun was in Mario Land whit the U-Boot ^^
f12578743114735ae73012f4e75f1403.jpg

7f6f6ebc07ec6ac311f99f57d0d18ce8.jpg

Next in my List will be Super Mario Advance 1 - Super Mario Bros 2 (Doki Doki Panic)

Now the Gameboy/Color Part of the Project is over, and the GBA Part will Beginn but also on Analogue Pocket and whit Savestates ..

Im first play Doki Doki Panic Mario Edition (SMB2) but after that I will start SMB3 ..
but I played it bevor and it was quite cool..

Now that I have the Gameboy Sideload Cores im playing the Games whit the Original Cardridge..

Just finished Mario Bros 2, at least the normal Levels as there is now the Yoshis Challenge.. , maybe later ..

It’s quite Usefull whit the Savestate Feature, but you have to delete lots of stuff after finishing the Game as it’s only 128 Slots..

Now I’m start whit Mario Advance 4, Super Mario Bros 3, ditnt remember it’s got such an Fun Intro

969988ffedee9d5e47da58e2e344a93d.jpg

499389da16739ac0ddd2be45acebb5ad.jpg

I remember this being mostly about SMB3 but it's not really. Just games in general (even better).

All I ever wanted was a warp whistle.

Allthough im still at my Mario Project, im currently thinking about what next when its finished, even if i still have some titles to go
- Mario Bros3, Mario World, Yoshis Island, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, Kirbys Funpack DS, Yoshis New Island, New Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario 64, Sunshine, New Super Mario Bros WIIU Switch, Mario 3D World (Bowser Fury), Kirby Switch, Giana Sisters Twistet Dreams... Odyssee.. which might take still a whyle

Im thinking of a Final Fantasy Projekt: I have FF1 &2 as well as FF6 on GBA, 3 and 4 on DS, there is the 7 8 9 10 and 12 on Switch, as well as the Crysis Core Remake on Switch which im currently play..
i will not play 8 because i stuck whit this Train Minigame which dosnt seams to work on Switch.. but the others might be good enough for a few months of Projekt..

Reactions: rSl
Interesting: The Pixel Remasters of 1 - 6 will get a Switch Release this year, so maybe i will have this Projekt only on Switch, if they get sell on the E-Shop then, if not i can also buy them on Steamdeck which is about the same, but a bit bigger..

I though Final Fantasy VI was the part whit Kefca and where you had Machs at the first Mission? , But its still a few Months left until then, maybe i only make the 3 4 6 7 9 X XII and 12.. ..
I think i will continue Mario Bros 3 on Weekend, and according on how fast i was i will start whit Mario World,
who knows? I can also have a Break between my Mario Projekt and Final Fantasy, and take Luigis Mansion 1 and 2 on 3DS and 3 on Switch?

My view:
FF1 - the first.
FF2/3 - japan only I don't know them
FF4 - series matures. great game.
FF5 - more sophisticated character building, better graphics, more side quests & secrets, harder - more for serious RPG players (hence japan only)
FF6 - like FF4 but more epic

Imo 4/5/6 all clearly beat FFVII/PSX, which I didn't even complete, has much crappier gfx... vectors mixed with pre-rendered - yuck. FFVII remake completely sucks.

If I had to pick one up it would be FF5 with the help of save states or FF4 because it's classic and not that long.

I am also attracted to FF Tactics. I don't understand it though....

I'm getting flashbacks of starting out FF4, as Cecil and then you meet Dragoon Kain, you are so weak, the adventure seems to vast and slime kicks your ass. And the music.....

Oh, and one last thing i'll mention, in case you don't jive with FF: Chrono Trigger (̶◉͛‿◉̶)

Have fun!

I think after finishing my Mario Projekt, i will have a Final Fantasy Projekt (3 and 4 DS, VII IX X X2 and 12 Switch) , then an DragonQuest Projekt (VII VIII 3DS, IX DS, 12 and Dragon Quest Builders 2 Switch), and a Luigis Mansion Projekt (1 and 2 on 3DS, 3 on Switch) ..

Just finished Super Mario Bros 3, Now the Next on my List will be Super Mario World
In the last few worlds it was not that easy anymore but the next games might be a bit easier

EDIT: I don’t know if it’s the whole playtime or just after the Update it’s got the Library, but SMB3 is now 5H34 , and SMW at least a whole Hour..

Last edited:
After 6:38 I finished Super Mario World on GBA (Analogue Pocket)
It’s now after midnight in Germany, so I would assume I will this day also start whit Yoshis Island , but now I will go to sleep first ^^

CONGRATULATIONS. Now skip Yoshi's Island (which does not pass the criteria for a Mario game) and play Super Mario RPG.

It was only called Mario Challenge when I had the Idea, but it was then evolved to a Nintendo Handheld Jump and Run Projekt, so Yoshis Island fits perfectly, it’s a cool Game and on the GBA Cardridge it’s called „Super Mario World 2 „

And I don’t have Mario RPG..

Back