Possible To Boot Psp Iso's

I'd say that a third of people proberbly have their PSOne chipped, if not more. The thing is those games were rather easy to do, whereas piracy on the PSP is rather damn hard to do, and means splashing out for an expensive card.

1/3??? that is an extremely large number when you figure in that millions of PS1 units have been sold. So even if you say 1,000,000 units were sold, 1/3 of that is 333,333. I seriously doubt the number would be that high.

I've never chipped anything. Nobody I know has. But if thats the thing you and your friends are into then yeah, it will be greater in those numbers, but to say 1 out of every 3 people that own a PS1 in the general population is extremely high, its almost like saying 1 in 3 houses has people stealing cable. There's probably more people stealing cable tv than chipped PS1s but not near 1 out of 3.

not really, i just thought that it would be obvious to say 1 out of 3 people that own a PS1 has it chipped is really far fetched with the millions of units sold.

I may be a bit trivial, but oh well.

Of everyone with a PSOne I know in real life, I'd say nearly, if not all of them have owned a chipped PSOne at some time. Of course, the PSOne won't be chipped as much now as it as seen and marketed (at least here) as a kid's console, not a Teen machine. Kids don't seem to chip their consoles.

I wouldn't say it too far fetched to say there was 1/3 chipped to be honest.

You know what you want to do then?

Make a poll on here and see if 33% had their PS1 chipped.

Obviously been a gaming site of this kind, the results may be skewed, but why not, eh.

a LOT of people had their PS1's chipped. Almost everyone I know did. Just like almost everyone I know has a modded Xbox. It really does equate to a small sector of owners though and doesn't seem to hurt sales much at all or at least, it hasn't kept companies from developing for those systems.

Kop_007 posted on Jul 11 2005 at 11:23 PM said:

Obviously been a gaming site of this kind, the results may be skewed, but why not, eh.

Good idea. I'll do it on another forum too.

I know hardly anyone with their Xbox chipped to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like downgrading is now possible?

Wab have put on hold their iso launcher...did they ever have it?

NeoGeoCD new emu is boss...though I dont seem to have the music working yet (just sound effects).

1GB sticks rule (I got a yellow one).

Liverpool for the Premierhship...what, why are you laughing...Liverpool for the Champions League...again.

Whoooo.

Kop_007 posted on Jul 12 2005 at 03:32 PM said:
Seems like downgrading is now possible?

Wab have put on hold their iso launcher...did they ever have it?

NeoGeoCD new emu is boss...though I dont seem to have the music working yet (just sound effects).

1GB sticks rule (I got a yellow one).

Liverpool for the Premierhship...what, why are you laughing...Liverpool for the Champions League...again.

Whoooo.

Wab started back up 2 hours later :)

Make a file in the neogeo file, and put the file or zip that includes the rom files in that. Also, in the file you just made, put a file called neocd.mp3, and then rename the MP3's 01, 02, 03 etc. It doesn't always work, but if you rename any MP3 as 03 or 04 (can't remember the exact one) it plays it during the first part of the first level in Metal Slug. I think this is the way to do it, although I could be wrong. Bannanaphone +Metal Slug=Genuis.

Mark posted on Jul 12 2005 at 11:32 AM said:
Kop_007 posted on Jul 11 2005 at 11:23 PM said:

Good idea. I'll do it on another forum too.

I know hardly anyone with their Xbox chipped to be honest.
I hardly know anyone with an xbox full stop, though the one person I know with an xbox has his chipped

Ok, I got music working on the NeoGeo CD emu.

The game I was trying just wasn't working for some reason. (Baseball Stars 2).

Tried KOF 98 and all is sweet....IS this the greatest thing onthe PSP? It might just be.

yeah, it's awesome :D
hey, that pvc thing yeah, how am i able to find my router's dns server addresses? tried all the info from cmd -> ipconfig /all

anyway, 1gb memory stick is too expensive for the measly 1gb. i hope that pspx thingy that let's you hookup other flash cards like CF is real.

i don't know if this is the same thing, but in the setup of the PSP there is an option to setup the network. All i had to do was hit a couple of things close to my router and it automatically found the address. Like i named the connection to Connection1 and hit ok, it scanned and found it, couldn't be any easier. Once it's found the connection, then you can go in and get the number it found.

KickinWing posted on Jul 12 2005 at 08:06 PM said:
i don't know if this is the same thing, but in the setup of the PSP there is an option to setup the network. All i had to do was hit a couple of things close to my router and it automatically found the address. Like i named the connection to Connection1 and hit ok, it scanned and found it, couldn't be any easier. Once it's found the connection, then you can go in and get the number it found.

I hope your kidding here, but if all you did was hit a few buttons, then it seems like you don't use any wireless encryption whatsoever?!

If you dont protect your wi-fi, you may get people like me driving by, stopping outside your house, and tapping in.

Now, the question has to arise...what are you most concerned about? Me stealing your wi-fi connection or me sitting outside your house?

I woud detest either. Protect your wi-fi. Someday, somebody might figure out how to use it.

Yup, and don't forget people in neighboring houses can also use your intenet connection, use p2p tools, download and share loads of illegal stuff, and you'll be the one blamed for it if someone decides to make an example.

So, secure your wifi !

Back