Thank You Capcom

finally maybe a decent resident evil on a portable system. Unfortunately its Resident Evil 1, maybe. Though its a good game, i have it for PS1, Saturn, and the GameCube version, an original would be better, but i'm not going to be choosy, i've been saying a resident evil game would be great on the DS since it was released and now it looks like it is going to happen.

I'm really starting to look forward to the upcoming DS games now, especially since online play is going to coming around in a few months. All thats left to do now is wait.

no big surprise here. It was just a matter of which system they were going to do it for first.

I dont know if anyone knew this (or cares :D ) but a few years back Capcom was actually working on a GBC 'port' of the original resident evil, that I understand was almost complete. I actually got to play this at E3 like three years ago or maybe four.... man did it look horrible! It was very interesting though and I'd have bought it had it released.

I HEARD that it wasn't actually cancelled, but instead, word of the GBA got out and Capcom decided to port it over to GBA instead. Then these pics surfaced of the "Blue Rose" 3d engine for GBA (forgive me if that wasn't what it was called), and one of the demo's showed a game strikingly similiar to Resident Evil that actually looked VERY good. So a lot of people were just waiting for the GBA version, I myself was 100% sure that it was due to come out...

I wonder if the DS version has any 'parts left over' from the GBC or supposed GBA versions?

bast525 posted on Jul 7 2005 at 12:19 AM said:
no big surprise here. It was just a matter of which system they were going to do it for first.

I dont know if anyone knew this (or cares :D ) but a few years back Capcom was actually working on a GBC 'port' of the original resident evil, that I understand was almost complete. I actually got to play this at E3 like three years ago or maybe four.... man did it look horrible! It was very interesting though and I'd have bought it had it released.

I HEARD that it wasn't actually cancelled, but instead, word of the GBA got out and Capcom decided to port it over to GBA instead. Then these pics surfaced of the "Blue Rose" 3d engine for GBA (forgive me if that wasn't what it was called), and one of the demo's showed a game strikingly similiar to Resident Evil that actually looked VERY good. So a lot of people were just waiting for the GBA version, I myself was 100% sure that it was due to come out...

I wonder if the DS version has any 'parts left over' from the GBC or supposed GBA versions?
I remember that GBC version of Resident Evil... I was sad when it was cancelled. And I also remember that Blue Roses tech demo you speak of, but I was always under the assumption that that's truly all it was--a tech demo. Blue Roses also had a video of their engine running a game that looked strikingly like GTA:Vice--the character running around even wore the same clothes as the guy in Vice. ;)

And I certainly hope they don't use stuff from a GBC game in the DS Resident Evil... *shudders*

Last edited by a moderator:
Back