Testing Quake Maps

almost finished first level.. the only thing which is missing is the wad for the map. but after i have done this i will release the map for you to test. one thing right now.. its slow ;) but thats quake in general.
i also want to post some screenshots..
ok bye

first level of what?
HL , Blue Shift, What????
and could ya tell me how to go about making the Quake texture wad from the Half Life or Blue Shift Wad's?
And that reminds me, I wont be able to work on anything for 2 weeks, I have to hang the rest of the drywall in my new house, then mud it.....damn
anyways, hope you, I, or both of us could get some really good halflife'n on the gp32!

~Octavious

o ya, wont we have to change the Quake pallete also?

didnt change the textures yet... just made a new wad in wally and copied the textures form my half-life wad.. over to it. quite easy..
i did the first level of normal half-life.. (or im working on it, means you start in he room with the guard sitting in front of his computer... etc.

ok, that sounds easy enough, will have to try when I get back home
hmmm, Im still makin smaller decorative objects just becuase I dont have time now to dive into the whole makin a large ass map thing
ok, so let me get this right

put pk1.pak in gpmm/quake/id1/
put your bsp (any name you want) in gpmm/quake/id1/maps
put your .wad(if you have one= in gpmm/quake/id1/
put a text file calld autoexec.cfgi in gpmm/quake/
in the autoexec cfg writethe line "map mapname" mapname is the filename of the bsp without .bsp

Questions....
1. will it work with just pak0? ( demo one )
2. where the hell do I get the bsp?
3. dont need a wad till I use my own gfx right?
4. worldcraft saves as map, not bsp right? how do i get that bsp?

and finally, in general, can there be none enemy units?
how are we gonna do the police and scientists?
are theyre non enemy or even friendly AI in Quake??

~Octavious

1. yes should work if not take openquartz
2. you have to select in options of worldcraft a directory for your bsp maps and then just do in Worldcraft File/run... that should make the bsp
3. thats right
4. dont know, perhaps you can say that the enemy should not attack.. if not someone has to code it ;)

k, try that soon, left it at school lol
anyways...
I am dl'n the uplink demo now
its legal to use shit from that cause its a demo right?
hope so.....
im gonna have a go at the demo world, or part of it
still gettin used to WC
its kinda confusin, wish I had registerd version, and I dont hav much time as it is

~Octavious

ok, new idea, new post
first of all, does this apply to quake except save as wad 2?
here
???
and should we make a new thread just for GPQuake conversations and ideas on our Halflife projects???
just an idea
o ya, can you give me a WORKING link to wally?
im havin some trouble findin one

~Octavious

could someone try an answer the above?
It would help, thx
and also, where in any HL game is the textures for walls and floors and stuff, all I can find is skys and backrounds

~Octavious

ok, got that, now how do I open each indivgual image?
they register as .spr I think it is, don/t know what to do with thoose.....
or is that the wrong files totaly? ( sprites )

o ya,

I tried the above and cant get it to work
on the launcher I can go back and forth between Quake and MAPS and it wont work either way
in either game, in the console ( press B at main menu ) it says default.cfg, quake.rc, and gplaunch.cfg all worked
says
couldn't exec config.cfg
couldn't exec auto exec.cfg

???
how do I get my maps to run?
do I have to swap out .bsp files?

EDIT save space everyone!
remove sounds and demos from the Quake demo pak to make it 14.1 megs, 32meg card friendly!

to make stuff easier, could you just give me a list of all secondary objects found in Half Life ( trash can, certain computers, so on ) that you can use and Ill get on them when I have time, I dont have time to sit down and make a whole frigin map, but I can make the other things that make Half life so damn cool
also, could we PLEASE get transparencies for GPQuake if anyone is here that could do so ( woogal )

~Octavious

Bump

also, I think I am going to go ahead and make the trolly car that is in the begining of both games ( HL and HL:BS ) might come in handy... but will take a good bit to make...
I know there is a way to make certain things like ground move in paths, maybe we could remake the intro also.....

and, could ya tell me how you were able to use Halflife stuff straight from their wad to ours?

also, please ANYONE find a non chatboard way to test my maps in GPquake....
I NEED it! I don't want to spend a few days makin
Then , could ya tell me how to test my maps with a chatboard?
thx alot
heres to Half Life and the GP32....

~Octavious

Back