Temper 0.75 For Gp2x

Just tried it out. Wow!

Runs HuCard games at 133Mhz!
Steam Hearts, previously not working, now works!
Scaling is nice! Full screen display looks great.

Great emulator, thanks.
:)

Update Finally released :) . Many thanks for this brilliant emulator, Exophase.

Why no list of improvements/bug fixes etc? Any plans for supergrafx support?

:huh:
The GP2X version, there are problems with the control pad and 'impossible to use, and' a nice BUG

Oh my god, thank you now is ok. :)
But there is ANOTHER PROBLEM, the diagonals don't work, with shoot em up is a great problem.

I have used a gp2x F100, and to me the diagonals don't work, i have tried also RTYPE but nothing.

<_< I have discover the problem.
The TEMPER work perfectly on (WIZ - GP2X F200) BUT NOT WORK THE DIAGONALS IN GP2X F100!!!!
I have tested, and the old gp2x f100 have problems with diagonals, EXOPHASE fix it please. :( :( :( :( :(

I'm loving this update, will be difficult for me to put down the GP2X-F200 in the evenings. B)

Do diagonals not work on the f100? What about ghouls n ghosts? I'd like to be able to play that and save progress, that is a hard game!

Chris
Honestly it's not something I've thought about that much, but..

F100 basically has actual diagonal input lines, so when you press the stick diagonally it should register one of those as opposed to the basic cardinal directions. I have to double check, but I think Temper and gpSP ignore these inputs outright. This sounds like a bad move but so far I haven't gotten any complaints about it.

The thing is that I don't really know what the dead zone properties of the GP2X stick are like. I don't know what ranges there are like, when the diagonals trigger on and when the cardinals stop triggering (if ever). I might have to do a test app to zone it out a little better. I'm concerned that if I interpret diagonals blindly the result will be that pushing the stick ever so slightly off the cardinal will trigger the diagonal, which will have the effect of triggering both cardinal directions inbetween the ordinal one in order to be emulated. The only feedback I've gotten on this is that people actually prefer how it's being done over what others are doing, which is unknown to me.

Ghouls N Ghosts is one of the five SuperGrafx only games. It doesn't work. It's hard to be motivated to work on SuperGrafx emulation when there are so few games using it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back