Telnet Help

thefiestysoldier

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
i need help with telnet, i have already read the wiki and followed all directions. it loads ok and i can telnet and use all the network functions, but when i unplug my gp2x my internet connection in messed up and i have to reinstall my router. my router is a Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller

if you can help me e-mail me at thefiestysoldier@gmail.com in addition to posting

I assume you mean "restart" not "reinstall" the router, or maybe you were talking about a network interface card (NIC) not a router.

Depending on how you set things up with the physical connection and TCP/IP setting you might just need to reset the settings. I assume that you installed the TCCP/IP over USB code on your machine (Windows XP?) so you could use it.
Windows XP:
When you plug the USB cable into your machine with the GP2X tuned off and the network connections window open you should see a new network connection show up when you power on the GP2X. If the IP information is correct then you should be able to telnet to the GP2X and do what you need but your other network connection will probably not work while this is working. When done and you have exited the telnet session on your system you should be able to power off the GP2X (or disconnect the cable) and the new network connection should disappear from the network connections window. One the adapter is disconnected all should be back to working on your machine from a network point of view.

Linux:
I have not tried this on my Linux box so I am unsure how this would work other than when disconnected you might need to do an "ifdown 'nme'" (where 'nme' is the name if the USB ethernet adapter name) and then a "ifup 'eth'" (where 'eth' is the name of your main ethernet adapter).

Seen windows do the, "I am not a router", defense whenever you open a connection to another network like with a modem it shuts down the local ethernet. Something to be clicked in there somewhere, can't remember and it's not obvious.

Back