syndicate wars port???

Discussion in 'Cool Ideas and other wishes' started by newbiedumbass, Nov 2, 2003.

1. newbiedumbass

newbiedumbass Still Fresh

Forget the scumm ports (well actually dont cos they are some of the best games ever and the main reason i want to get a gp32) how cool would syndicate wars be! Classic game on a wicked console. mmmmm world domination -= drools =-

B)

Tags:
  2. Tobriand

Tobriand Very Active Member

Post a link to the source, and maybe someone'll have a go...

especially if its in SDL...

3. Rico

Rico Certified Guru

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2015
  4. Arutha

Arutha Member

Heck with the source... if I remember correctly, Syndicate was one of the first great SVGA games... that means a resolution too high for the GP32 (from the PC version that is).

I believe there's a remake for one or more of the consoles emulated on the GP32, although I haven't tried it myself. Do some searching and see if its decent.

5. skysnapper

skysnapper sleep is for wimps

Syndicate was released on both the gensis and snes.

6. ColinR

ColinR Member

It wasn't SVGA, it was just VGA, only it used VGA's hi-res 16 colour option (as used by Windows if you didn't have a SVGA card. But you're right, it is too high for the GP.

At the time of Syndicate, Bullfrog were still coding for the Amiga. I don't recall them doing any ST ports (at least not doing it themselves). Did Syndicate ever make it to ST? Automation draws a blank.