MPlayer port.

kerb

Still Fresh
I thought it might be an idea, as moviepark is becoming more unavailable, so perhaps there should be some other movie player for the GP32.
MPlayer (http://www.mplayerhq.hu) (not Windows Media Player) is definitively the best movie player I have ever experienced (No good windows ports yet, *giggle*) . It is scalable, open source and has options and stuff that makes it really neat :)
Since it plays almost any format, so people can dump mpegs, asf, mov etc.

Some of the main problems would probably be the size and resources mplayer uses. I looked around, and found that the Zaurus PDA actually has a mplayer port.
The specs for the zaurus are :
CPU : StrongARM at 206MHz
ROM (OS and apps) : 16MB
RAM : 64MB (32MB for the development version)

With options like -fps to control the output fps of the movie, or -srate to control the sound hertz, and many other optimization options I thought this might be a good idea.

Admittedly more than the GP32, but it could be possible? :unsure:

would be a nice idea :)
Its the best movie player i know, and one big point for using linux...
but does anybody know somethign about the system reqs?
bye

It would be nice to have a program that could play many formats. Someone was talking about porting xvid just because it was open source, but it would be useful having system that could playback high quality, good frame rate short video, and average quality, lower frame rate long video, instead of the compromise of MoviePark. Jace

Back