Supported SDHC cards

pcp

Still Fresh
Hey all,

First of all, sorry if this has already been brought up. I tried searching the forums first, but I couldn't find any posts specifically on this subject.

So, I'm about to order 2 x Transcend Secure Digital 16GB SDHC (Class 10) cards. I was thinking of 2 x 32GB, but as I won't ever be watching videos on my Pandora (or listening to music), 32GB should be more than enough for the emulators, romsets and apps I will be using.

So, what I'm asking is, are there a list of supported SDHC cards? Does the Pandora support class 10 SDHC cards (shouldn't really matter afaik)?

Thanks!

BTW. I also checked the wiki, didn't say anything there either. :)

Most cards are fine, many here use the transcend ones without issue. I have 2 for example. Not sure if theres a list anywhere as most just work but watch where you buy.

Most (non-counterfeit) SDHC cards should be just fine. Speed-wise you will propably not get full benefit from Class 10 cards, but AFAIK they work.

Hey all,

First of all, sorry if this has already been brought up. I tried searching the forums first, but I couldn't find any posts specifically on this subject.

So, I'm about to order 2 x Transcend Secure Digital 16GB SDHC (Class 10) cards. I was thinking of 2 x 32GB, but as I won't ever be watching videos on my Pandora (or listening to music), 32GB should be more than enough for the emulators, romsets and apps I will be using.

So, what I'm asking is, are there a list of supported SDHC cards? Does the Pandora support class 10 SDHC cards (shouldn't really matter afaik)?

Thanks!

BTW. I also checked the wiki, didn't say anything there either. :)
According to this post on the old forums, the max data rate is 24Mb/s so class 10 is a bit excessive.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's really no need for a list of "supported" cards, thankfully. Anything that works under Linux, should just work.

Truth be told, the only ones you're likely to have trouble with are false-capacity fakes, and possibly ultra-super-cheap-and-nasty ones that nobody would touch with a ten-foot bargepole anyway. :p

EDIT: Wow, super-ninja'd. I'm getting slow!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I have to say I'm amazed by how swift this community responds. :)

Thanks guys for the lightning fast replies. These are definitely not fake as I'm ordering them from a reputed Norwegian retailer. :)

Thanks again!

you should get 1x32 instead of 2x16, it'll be cheaper and you'll still have the option to add more later if needed ;)

i've seen some reviewers using transcend so don't worry, the pandora has no compatibility issue, and transcend makes the best bargain of SD cards so lots of people use them :D

i received my 32G this morning! :p

you should get 1x32 instead of 2x16, it'll be cheaper and you'll still have the option to add more later if needed ;)

i've seen some reviewers using transcend so don't worry, the pandora has no compatibility issue, and transcend makes the best bargain of SD cards so lots of people use them :D

i received my 32G this morning! :p

Well, I like to put something in both holes (lol that sounded all wrong I know). :)

I have that exact configuration of 2 x 16gb cards (Transcend class 10) and they're working fine in my Pandora.

The extra speed will be handy for loading stuff on to them from my desktop PC, or if I swap one of them in to use in a camera.

Back