Supplier Problems

mhadf

So looking in the Wiz in the UK thread and spykes thread about CS, I think that GPH has dropped the ball with suppliers.

so far GBAX have outright lied about delivery dates for the past few weeks. I got fed up with email and actually rang them, to be told that honest it would be sent on Friday(3rd July) and you'll get a confirmation. Guess what? no confirmation.

Yes Gamepark upgraded firmware and that caused issues, but GBAX promised that it was sorted and that I would have a shiny Wiz last week, then this week, and now next week honest.

I would rather be told, we've got a problem it'll be 2-3 weeks and I'll happily wait, Than all the lies and deceit so far. Then again the email address is an @openpandora one and I've yet to see real dates on the pandora too.

Time to pull the plug on GBAX as suppliers guys, they can't give reliable information, their website still says coming april/may, and any contact with them results in lies and half truths. It makes gamepark look bad by association, and that will lead to lost sales both now and in the future.

I wouldn't mind but everywhere I look it says they are OFFICIAL SUPPLIERS. If they are then why are they so bad?

You know what? It's the exact same story here.
I was expecting my order WEEKS ago, the initial delays were indeed explained by the firmware upgrade (which was a stupid desicision by GPH), but the later delays were not explained.

Play-asia have the system in stock now, but I've had too many problems with GBAX now and I'm considering cancelling my order tomorrow if they don't ship it today.

Well, GPH did NEVER even tell a definate delivery date, they just told "will be shipped around end of July". GBAX will get some WIZs from me, however, they just arrived at my place yesterday (since customs held them up for two days for inspecting) and they should arrive at GBAX on Tuesday / Wednesday latest.

Keep calm, they will arrive soon.

consolesource.com ships shit out quick and they have them in stock. I did find out there live chat support is pretty much not even fuckin WITH consolesource.com, the support staff like the refer CS as "them and they", while if you actually email the support they don't message back with the bullshit text book responses but respond like a normal human being that doesn't care about proper structre.

[describes problem to CS]

they email me back

[so you need a replacement cable] end of email

just like that, which I like, shows they're human.

I blamed my problem on their lacking LIVE chat support and the usb cable problem is GPH's

oh and btw, it's spykez, not spykes, get it right or I'll go castlevania on your butt.

the problem all together is GPH apparently dropped the ball period with the wiz...period.

They did a hackjob on the cord to hide the fact it's USB from intel which tons of people have bad cables now, they won't release the full source to the linux which they made that mistake LAST time with the GP2X...etc..

it's a great lil system but I think I'll support the pandora more if they don't mess around with it's supporters like GPH

What ED sais...
I have to same problem for my shop.

GPH was not completely clear about when the production is going to be send.
Now it's send but we have problems like Customs, delivery delays etc etc.

It's hard to give a good date as it often get's delayed. :(

Thanks ED, but that's the thing right there too.

I was assured on the phone yesterday that they had just taken delivery of them. If they'd said, "customs" or whatever, then fine.
But it's the constant lying from them.

I'm still really looking forward to it arriving,

EvilDragon said:
Well, GPH did NEVER even tell a definate delivery date, they just told "will be shipped around end of July". GBAX will get some WIZs from me, however, they just arrived at my place yesterday (since customs held them up for two days for inspecting) and they should arrive at GBAX on Tuesday / Wednesday latest.

Keep calm, they will arrive soon.

I've been keeping calm since June 17th, which was when Play-asia was expecting to ship my previous order. :\
Still, thanks for the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a wiz barely used like new. everything working. I'd be happy to trade for a smartQ5 :D I'm in the UK btw

GBAX just contacted me again, they now confirm that they will receive and ship my order on Monday the 6th. (finally)
They say that their order was held up by customs for 5 days, much like ED did.

Finally though, that took long enough to actually get a confirmed date huh?

No one wants to take my offer? the wiz is like brand new. No faults at all. original packaging and I flashed it to 1.10 with no problems.

gp2.eXe said:
Did you start a thread in the Marketplace section? That ups the chances of people noticing that offer. :)

No I didn't. I never knew it existed :p I knew there were some desperate wiz people here and basically I wondered if asking to trade 1 for a smartQ5 was reasonable. I mgith switch threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Devilmandex, I may be desperate but I already have an order, and I lack a Smart Q5. :p

Infact my order should FINALLY ship today...

...No sign my end either. (And I just woke up)
They actually said I should get my order by 1pm Tuesday, less than 10 hours from this post.

I'm gonna hold them to that.

Well well, no shipping email but my Wiz system arrived, joy!

hni0044.jpg

I wasn't expecting the system to be so small, actually the buttons seem a little loose, but I've yet to see if that's a bad thing or not. :)

Nice one,

I've yet to receive the Email or Wiz..... fingers crossed.

I just got an email from Paypal saying my order will be delivered today. :rolleyes:

Back