Super Metroid Review!!

I'm sorry, but you have made super metroid look much less than it is ;) The music was a work of orchestral genius by a man who left nintendo with a lot to work off of (not that they nessecarily did <_< ) anyway this game is top notch, awsome graphics, awsome music...

awsome.... :D

:ph34r: #1 metroid fan

Ruune posted on Aug 7 2004 at 07:09 PM said:
I'm sorry, but you have made super metroid look much less than it is ;) The music was a work of orchestral genius by a man who left nintendo with a lot to work off of (not that they nessecarily did <_< ) anyway this game is top notch, awsome graphics, awsome music...

awsome.... :D

:ph34r: #1 metroid fan

i agree this is a grat game with nearly no flaws,and works very well on the gamepark, well done gp32_console :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Deleted User posted on Dec 1 2004 at 06:34 PM said:
It was back in july when he posted this.
*she
whoops, this must be the only review I've missed. OH well

Aaah, the colours!!! :wacko:

This game doesn't run that great on OS9xGP, at least at 156Mhz. However, Super Turrican (a port of Turrican 2 on C64, and likely the game from which Super Metroid got many of its ideas) works pretty well, so you may want to try that.

There was no saving in the original SNES game (even though the game was HUGE) but on the GP32 that shouldn't matter since you can use savestates :) .

In fact, the first Turrican got many of its ideas from the first Metroid - you are even able to morph into a round thingy...

And "Super Turrican" isn't a port of "Turrican II" - it's a sole SNES-Turrican-version with very unique levels and a unique "freeze beam". It's a good game, although inferior compared to "Super Metroid" and "Turrican II" (Amiga-Version). But it's more challenging than the computer-Turricans.

It's a pity that "Mega Turrican" doesn't run on DrMD 1.0 - it's the same game as "Turrican III" on Amiga. The only difference is that the genesis version has better graphics and a slightly higher difficulty - but the Amiga version has way better sound. Btw, Mega Turrican is also superior to Super Turrican.

Esn posted on Mar 18 2005 at 03:56 AM said:
There was no saving in the original SNES game (even though the game was HUGE) but on the GP32 that shouldn't matter since you can use savestates :) .

Did I miss something??? I was able to save... There are a lot of savestations on the maps, if I member correctly. Oh, wait, the game is still in my SNES, and I played a bit yesterday, so I might remeber it right... :eek:

Also, the game wasn`t that huge, it just leaves the impression that you`re alone :)
Thats what making you feel little...
There are people needing only 2 1/2 hours to complete the game.

what a sad, sad person.

Nerds say "how many games can i complete in 1 night"

A 'normal' person says "How many girls can i pull in 1 night"

Ah well.

Deleted User posted on Jul 18 2004 at 04:13 AM said:
Hmmmm......

I dont think you did the game justice, as this game has the Deleted User seal, meaning its the best game EVER. You heard me! Better then any other game....
Agreed.

To further emphasize my point, please read my *ahem* "modest" review of the game. (Hosted on my home 3Mbps cable connection, so don't hose it!)

Back