Super Mario Bros 3(nes)

rpgchocobo

Chocobo Tamer
Website
Visit site
Here I am reviewing Super Mario Bros 3 for the NES.

Graphics- The graphics are pretty good for a NES game. The colors are vibrant and express the environments of the game very well. However, the backgrounds of levels are pretty plain, they look like they are just to add something in the background, not to depict the level you are at. 7/10

Sound- The music of this game has a catchy tune and is easy to memorize. The sounds are pretty basic and corresponds to your actions, Ex: Running, you hear the blinking noise has you are trying to get all the arrows filled up to red. However, the music is pretty basic and is repetitive. 8/10

Gameplay- The gameplay is classic Mario with more elements such as the racoon costume and the map showing letting you pick which level you want to go to at times. Absolutely great. 10/10

How is it on the GP32- ~Perfect. It runs full speed(sometimes dropping an frame or two at times) with sound on LJGP on 133mhz. The developer did fantastic work on this emu and SMB3 shows it. 10/10

Overall- Wonderful. 9/10

Hope you guys like my review.

rpgchocobo posted on Aug 15 2004 at 06:53 PM said:
Here I am reviewing Super Mario Bros 3 for the NES.

Graphics- The graphics are pretty good for a NES game. The colors are vibrant and express the environments of the game very well. However, the backgrounds of levels are pretty plain, they look like they are just to add something in the background, not to depict the level you are at. 7/10

Sound- The music of this game has a catchy tune and is easy to memorize. The sounds are pretty basic and corresponds to your actions, Ex: Running, you hear the blinking noise has you are trying to get all the arrows filled up to red. However, the music is pretty basic and is repetitive. 8/10

Gameplay- The gameplay is classic Mario with more elements such as the racoon costume and the map showing letting you pick which level you want to go to at times. Absolutely great. 10/10

How is it on the GP32- ~Perfect. It runs full speed(sometimes dropping an frame or two at times) with sound on LJGP on 133mhz. The developer did fantastic work on this emu and SMB3 shows it. 10/10

Overall- Wonderful. 9/10

Hope you guys like my review.
9?! 9?!

what the heck is wrong with you!? that should be an 11/10 :angry: you sick sick bastard! CHANGE IT NOW! :)

j/k...this was my favorite game when i was young...and it still is my favorite game now... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
lol. I know, I like this game too, I would give it a 10/10, but just the music, it killed it, along with some graphic things. Otherwise, it is awesome.

lol, I remember playing on Mario All Stars when my bro got a Snes back in 1995.....those were the good old days...

my mario3 has some texture problems on the right side of the screen. it is the same as in kirby, so i thought it was normal.
does nobody else have this effect?

ps: in LJ 0.3 as well as in LJ 0.4

Ernest posted on Aug 16 2004 at 11:27 AM said:
Im currently goin through it again on my snes on mario allstars, looks and sounds nicer on allstars but I'll always remember the orginal.
but you couldnt save on the NES version could you? Maybe I am remembering something else.....

btw- should definitely be a 10.

Its definitely one of the best games of all time, and easily Mario's finest hour imo.

0-bake posted on Aug 16 2004 at 07:33 AM said:
my mario3 has some texture problems on the right side of the screen. it is the same as in kirby, so i thought it was normal.
does nobody else have this effect?

ps: in LJ 0.3 as well as in LJ 0.4

That happens on my actual NES, on both Kirby and SMB3. Its not an emulation glitch if it was like that from the start.

declaration posted on Aug 16 2004 at 04:01 PM said:
Ernest posted on Aug 16 2004 at 11:27 AM said:
Im currently goin through it again on my snes on mario allstars, looks and sounds nicer on allstars but I'll always remember the orginal.
but you couldnt save on the NES version could you? Maybe I am remembering something else.....

btw- should definitely be a 10.

Its definitely one of the best games of all time, and easily Mario's finest hour imo.
No, you're right.

Back