Release Super Mario 64 decompiled source

Wow what a major fuckup. So this guy ecchi95 leaks an incomplete decompile of mario 64 and ruins it for everyone.

Please read the thread you have linked to: source is incomplete, devs who worked on this have been betrayed and all their work has been leaked by an attention whoring dweeb who tried to take credit. This is bad. Could potentially lead to no release at all in the future of this... I don't understand why someone would do such a thing.

Could potentially lead to no release at all in the future of this... I don't understand why someone would do such a thing.
Maybe, but my reading of the thread suggests the idiot that leaked it has made a rod for their own back, which might cause the proper team working on this to halt all work, but not necessarily. Everyone else posting seems supportive of the real team working on this.

Maybe, but my reading of the thread suggests the idiot that leaked it has made a rod for their own back, which might cause the proper team working on this to halt all work, but not necessarily. Everyone else posting seems supportive of the real team working on this.
Yeah he might have made an ass of himself on gbatemp but the fact remains that some other knobhead leaked the sources on 4chan, which is even more detrimental to the project. Let's see what happens.

What I really find fascinating, is why this user on gbatemp made up all this shit about making his own compiler, emulator blablabla. It reminds me of those people coming here or to other scene forums, claiming they have a new amazing magical emulator that they will release at some point, but if anyone asks technical questions or has doubts and asks for proof, they get super defensive and decide not to release their vapourware. Often the lie involves that they are claiming to only be the middleman who doesn't know about emulation, just designs the UI or whatever and they have to ask a mysterious eccentric programmer friend who supposedly works on the core. I wonder why people time and time again do this. They must know that they'll get caught as they have nothing to show for. Not in this case obviously, but the same pattern of lying to make himself seem more interesting and skilled in front of actual experts shows here as well... Weird phenomenon

Back