Streammygame Or Something Like That For Pandora ?

PunchOut

Hi !

I'm asking myself if StreamMyGame will be compatible with Pandora.

If it will not be compatible, is someone making an application for game sreaming for Pandora ?

I think that will be a very good idea, that will bring Dreamcast, PS2 and Gamecube emulation on Pandora + Thousand of PC Games !!

So please ! I hope there is a solution for game streaming !

If there's a solution, I'll buying a pandora, maybe two !!!

This has been discussed before, and from what i gather yes it is posible but im not sure if there is a arm client made or even planned

onlive will work
http://www.onlive.com/
....supposedly

However, OnLive is not available at the moment !

So I think StreamMyGame will be the best option (Want to play GameCube on my future Pandora !!)

But there is no ARM port... so is someone working on this or a program like StreamMyGame ?

PunchOut said:
It looks like too slow for games... :(

VNC is great, but too slow !!!

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp183/Wizardcomputers/eveondroid.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
PunchOut said:
Is it really fast or laggy ?

I'd imagine that it would depend on the power of the host computer as well as the internet connection.

I don't doubt that it will work almost flawlessly over WLAN. I think you'd have trouble playing games over the internet from say, a Wifi cafe.

EDIT: Any VNC software will work fine over WLAN. But like I said, you're going to have trouble over the internet.(You're never going to get away with any major games tho)

PunchOut said:

So I think StreamMyGame will be the best option (Want to play GameCube on my future Pandora !!)

But there is no ARM port... so is someone working on this or a program like StreamMyGame ?
pandora isnt available at the moment either, whats your point...?

Linux has most of the needed stuff built-in. X is network-transparent, so you can just ssh into another *nix-machine from your pandora, start a GUI-app, and the window'll be put on your pandora. OpenGL can work as well, but I don't know if that'll work with a Pandora that only knows OpenGL ES...
X over network is a bit laggy though, so that's why NoMachine created NX, that wraps around X, and improves its networking performance. X2Go also uses NX-libs.

So yes, you can get remote gaming, as long as you have a linux-machine somewhere (or a VM) with low latency. From what I can read, those services that try to commercialize it have latency-issues as well...

BTW, I tried Streammygame on my local 10\100 network between 2 PC's, to just view MS Excel and for me, it was as bad as VNC. Might just be me, but I didn't bother to go further after that.

From what I read in an article on one of the other threads, streammygame is actually a fake.
By doing the math, the writer showed us that for them to stream the quality of video they promised it would require (something like) an internet connection 10 times faster than any current technology and nearly millions of servers, many more than Google has.

fearofshorts said:
From what I read in an article on one of the other threads, streammygame is actually a fake.
By doing the math, the writer showed us that for them to stream the quality of video they promised it would require (something like) an internet connection 10 times faster than any current technology and nearly millions of servers, many more than Google has.

I've used StreamMyGame at 800x600 over WiFi at great speeds. It takes some setup and trial and error to get the right settings, but it works.

I can't comment on the over the internet latency, but over WiFi it was pretty sweet to play Team Fortress 2 and Diablo II online at full speed on my peice of crap shuttle.

PunchOut said:

Where did you hear that Gamecube could be streamed? That would be amazing if it could stream at a decent speed. Imagine Windwaker on the Pandora :D

Also I'm glad to see threads that make sense on these boards again, I was sick of the constant nagging, complaining, and redundant threads.

He could use Dolphin and emulate GC games, many of which play perfectly, and do a custom control map. Or he could also hook his Gamecube up to a video capture card on his PC, open the stream in MPC or something, and stream that and use a wireless controller or something. The former would be much easier.

Streammygame isn't the same as regular VNC, it compresses the video server side and decompresses it client side, it uses more CPU power but the Pandora is only (relatively) 800x480. If there were a good port, I would use the service for some things.

Back